7 || The Great King

"Kageyama, you know this pretty boy?" Tanaka menacingly growled. Said boy nodded, proceeding to tell Tanaka that he was his senior as well as his former teammate in middle school.

Oikawa's eyes landed on the managers of the opposing team, his eye catching Kiyoko first. "Yahoo, cute manager-chan!" The outcome? He was ignored. Kiyoko was busy organizing the towels and bottles on the benches; that, and she didn't care enough to respond.

This came as a shock to him. A pretty girl had just ignored him, the one and only Oikawa Tooru. Oh well, maybe next time. He turned his head to Y/N, getting ready to greet her. "Yahoo, other cute manager-chan!"

  She tilted her head to the side, not sure if he was talking to her. She briefly looked behind her before turning back and pointing at herself in confusion. Surely he was calling out to someone else; being called cute was new to the girl, and it was somewhat alarming. Oikawa laughed at her perplexed expression.

  "Yes, you!"

  "Hey, you better get your butt on the court right now. You've stolen enough time from this practice match making your grand entrance." Oikawa's childhood friend, Iwaizumi Hajime, looked ready to smack him on the backside of his head. Seeing the terrifying conveyance of annoyance displayed on Iwaizumi's face, Oikawa felt electrifying jolts of chills run up his whole body, making him stand up straight.

"Aye, aye sir!"

Oikawa glanced back once more at Kageyama before walking to his team's side of the court. Y/N didn't know why, but she felt a nervousness in her gut; it was like something bad was going to happen. She felt this feeling before; it was similar to the heavy-heart feeling she experiences after walking past a competitor who had a strong aura and usually had some serious skills.

"Why am I feeling nervous...?" Y/N mutters under her breath, but Kiyoko is able to catch what she says. A small smile displays itself the older's mouth, and a hand is placed on Y/N's shoulder.

"Let's watch from the bench, yeah?"

  "Yeah."

~•~

  As expected, Iwasaki Y/N's sixth sense proved right.

  "That hurts..." Tsukishima clenched his teeth, pressing down onto his shoulder where he was hit by the ball that the Great King served.

  "Now for the next serve." Oikawa spun the ball between his fingers as if he were casting some sort of spell on it. "This one's for you cutie!" He pointed at Y/N and winked. And her response?

  "That– that's kind of gross." Kiyoko laughed at her junior's uncomfortable face.

  "Haha, don't mind, Iwasaki." She teasingly cheered.

  Y/N was reminded of a similar sporty, flirtatious friend she had back in middle school. Watari was his name.

  The next serve was fortunately bumped into play, the ball flying towards Kageyama. Kageyama jumped, setting it to his orange-haired teammate. Thus came forward the freaky quick-attack that worked against Aoba Johsai earlier that day. Having Oikawa added to the practice, another set of eyes were able to witness and feel the shock of the Karasuno duo's surreal weapon.

Oikawa felt goosebumps prick his skin; saying he felt as cold as he does during winter is too much, but what is Oikawa without exaggeration? His new-found interest in the boy who Kageyama set to piqued his interest. Oh how fun this year was going to be– Oikawa thought.

  With his final thoughts, they have reached the end of the practice match. Brief cheers from the Karasuno players were heard across the gym. Pats on the back were exchanged between the boys.