Prologue

A large boom echoed through the comm in his ear followed by a very loud unmanly scream.

"Hill, what happened?" Nick Fury demanded.

"Sir, the quinjet has been shot down."

"What about the passengers? Are they still alive?"

"Yes, Fury, unfortunately for you we all survived. Well, except, Mr. Pilot Dude. He kind of exploded," Tony Stark A.K.A. Iron Man said over the comm link.

"I was just starting to like that puny mortal," Thor said sadly.

"Oh, and the scream was Cap," Tony added, laughing.

Fury could hear all of the heroes aboard the quinjet laughing. Even he was laughing, although it was internal. He could almost imagine Captain America's embarrassed face.

"Sir, this isn't good. He was the best pilot SHIELD had. They won't have a replacement pilot." Maria Hill said. 

"What about Barton and Romanoff?" Fury asked.

"They are both on a mission at the moment. Sir, the Avengers need a pilot. Without one, they won't really have a way to get around."

"How about Stark or JARVIS?"

"Fury, I will not pilot your quinjet until you apologize for stealing my jelly-flled donut! And I won't let JARVIS either," Tony said.

"What about Steve? Can't he pilot a plane?" Fury asked.

"The last time Capsicle piloted a plane he crashed it into ice and was frozen for 70 years." Tony said.

Fury sighed. "Well, Hill, where can we find the best pilots?"

"Air force, sir." Hill responded.

"We can't take their best pilots. They'll need them."

"Then the Navy, sir."

"Start looking for pilots in the Navy, Hill. I want as many good ones as you can find. I'll come by your office later to pick up their files," Fury said, as he walked away.

"Yes, sir."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nick Fury was sitting alone in his office when suddenly one of the guards barged in.

"What is going on?" Fury demanded.

"Sir, there's been a breach on the north side of the building. We need to get you out of here," the guard said while slowly pulling Fury out of the room.

"Who breached the building?!" 

"We're not really sure, sir. We're thinking that it's HYDRA."

"Explain to me why you let HYDRA in my building. I thought this place was supposed to be secure," Fury said angrily.

"Sir, let's just get out of here," the guard said, trying not to make Fury any madder.

"One thing," Fury said as he and the guard started heading towards the helicopter deck. He turned around. "Hill, where are you?!"

"Right here, sir." Hill answered as she fast-walked behind him.

"How many do you have?" 

"Four pilots, sir," Hill responded.

"Great, you can tell me about them on the helicopter."

"May I ask why are we going on a helicopter, sir?"

"Apparently there's been a breach in the building." Fury gestured toward the alarms flashing on the walls. Fury made it to the helicopter deck and hustled towards the helicopter. He climbed in and gave Hill a hand.

"Who do you have?"

"Abner Morris, age 24, male, has 3 years of experience, his superiors have all said that he has flawless piloting capabilities, and he has never crashed a plane or caused another to crash."

"No, if he's flawless, that means he's flawless with his plane. I don't know if he'll be able to pilot the quinjet. Next."

"Danica Hoskins, age 26, female, has 5 years of experience, she usually flies a bomber, though she's exceptionally good at flying most other types of aircraft, she's crashed a couple of times, though she has had no major injuries that might impair her flying abilities."

"Maybe. Next."

"Jet Johnson, age 22, male, 3 years of experience, he's got excellent piloting skills, his parents both were pilots, and his instructor was a famous pilot who was known for his excellent maneuvering skills."

"We could use someone who can maneuver well. Where does he live?"

"But sir, there's one more."

"Fine. Who is it?"

"Lt. Pete Mitchell, age 23, male, has 4 years of experience, he is an amazing pilot, though he did have one accident."

"What happened?"

"He got stuck in a spin, he ejected and so did his wingman, his wingman hit the canopy and was killed, but Mitchell survived. Many of his superiors said he dealt with a lot of grief afterwards. He even quit at one point."

"Any ties to the area?"

"He has a girlfriend, but no kids."

"Is he still good at flying?"

"Yes, sir. Very much so."

"Where can we find him?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry it was so short! Comment on what you think might make the story better! :)