-1-

Forks population 3,500 and counting. Forks. An odd name for a small town, why after a utensil?

Moving here was my mother's latest attempt at happiness. We always moved every two years, she'd come into my room after a bottle of wine and tell me of her newest obsession. She was a obstetrician.

How she still has a job is beyond me.

This time it was forks, claiming it would be a nice quiet place to settle and clear her head. I never questioned her, I always did what she needed.

"Isn't it adorable" she said smiling at the town. I shrug scratching behind Ace's ear.

"It seems small"

She laughs. "I know! It's perfect".

The house was decent size. Two story three bedroom, two bathroom with a white picket fence. One would describe it as the ideal American family home. I grabbed my bag and closed the car door. I look at my mom as she placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Go pick any room you like"

I climb the pine stairs and pick the first room on the right, The bedroom was large with a bay window seat facing out towards the forest. The en-suite was cozy not too big.

Mom always bought her houses fully furnished. The hassle of unpacking was a bore to her, I threw my bag on the seat and looked out the window. I heard a bark and watched ace run in.

I laughed and got on the floor. He jumped on top stomach and licked my face.

"What do you think?" He tilted his head and lifted his paw. "Still unsure. Yea me too".

I stayed there for a while before Ace wondered out of the room.  I walked down stairs to see my boxes, I pick them up one at a time and begin to unpack.

I glanced at the clock 6:15 pm, my room was finished and pictures decorated the walls. I picked up the frame of me and my dad and smiled.

"Luna I'm ordering Chinese what would you like!" My mom shouting up the stairs. I place down the picture and walk down the stairs.

"Shredded sesame chicken with egg fried rice please" I grab my glass and fill it with water. She nods before giving our address and ordering. Ace scratches at my pants.

"Are you hungry?" He jumps up and I laugh. "Okay let's go get you something to eat. I walk through the door with him trailing behind me.

*

My car was delivered this morning just before school I mental thanked the drivers for sparing me another car ride with my mother. I watched ace look at me through the sitting room window, he had his head resting on the sofa.

I blew him a kiss and climbed into my car. Reversing  out of the driveway I take off down the road. I follow the gps and pulled into the school.  I pull into a spot next to an orange truck. I place my head in the steering wheel and take a deep breath.

Your fine

I climb out and lock the door. I look at the truck beside me a brunette was shaking her head frantically as If she was having a panic attack. I tap on the glass and she looks up me in fright.

She takes a deep breath before climbing out of the truck.

"Nice truck"  a boy on the opposite side laughed.

"Thanks" she muttered out.

I walked around to the other side and stood beside her.

"Are you okay?"

She laughs. "Yea sorry just first day nerves and all that".

I offer her a smile. "It's my first day too"

"It's nice to know I'm not the only person forced into a new school half way through term" I giggle.

"Me too" I offer her my hand. "I'm Luna Moore"

She smiles and shakes my hand. "Bella swan"

"Well I suppose we get get the day started" I offer her my elbow.

"We don't really have a choice" she snorts.

We climb the steps and walk towards the school doors. I feel Bella jump in fright as a boy appears in front of us with a camera.

"You're Isabella Swan" pointing at Bella and then he turns to me "and you must be Luna Moore, the new girls. Hi. I'm Eric. The eyes and ears of this place. Anything you need. Tour guide, lunch date, shoulder to cry on." I raise a brow and don't respond.

Bella fidgeted with her fingers and looked at Eric. "I'm kind of the suffer in silence type.". I couldn't help but giggle a little getting a side glare from Bella.

"Good headline for your feature I'm on the paper, and you're news, baby, front page." He takes out his camera and points it at Bella.

I hold out my hand blocking her face.
"Hi Eric was it? thank you for finally letting me speak. Firstly you don't call her baby you don't even know her. Secondly you can just point a camera in someone's face without asking if they're comfortable with it"

He opens his mouth to respond but I silence him again.

"I'm not trying to be mean I'm just stating facts I understand this is a small town and obviously don't get a lot of gossip but don't make someone uncomfortable it's not cool"

He scratches the back of his head and nods. "Your right I'm sorry Bella, no feature. Can I help you guys in any way?"

Bella nods looking relieved.  "Would you mind just pointing me toward Mr. Varner's class"

"Sure thing follow me" I grab Bellas arm and pull her along with me.

"Thank you for that" she whispers at me. I laugh.

"It's no problem"

*

Ace Moore

Ace Moore