-14-

We had been dropped off at my estate first, Bella was on her way home to tell Charlie she was leaving. I could only imagine how he was going to take it, my house was empty as usual. But Ace was sitting at the bottom of the stairs staring at the door.

"Hey bubba" he jumped up and started barking like crazy. He padded over to Jasper and jumped on his leg wanting to be pet.

"And what do I not deserve a hello?" Ace looked at me with his head tilted before he dropped down and followed me upstairs. Grabbing my bag. I opened my drawer, I threw some clothes and essential stuff into a bag.

"I'm sorry this is happening" I glance over at jasper who was sat rubbing aces ear.

"Jasper I'm fine they're after Bella"

"That's not the point you're endanger if they find out about you"

I walk over to him and place my hand on his cheek. "But right now in this moment I'm fine. It's just me and you"

"Just me and you" he whispers back to me. He placed a kiss on my knuckles before grabbing my bag. I kneel down and kiss aces head.

"I'll be back big guy okay" he whines nipping at my hand. "You stand guard okay". I give him and tight squeeze before following Jasper out of the house.

Ace goes to follow me but I hold up my hands "no bubba stay" he sits down and looks up at me. "I love you".

Jasper was in my car waiting, I climbed into the passenger seat. "You okay?"

"Yea let's go" we pulled out of my driveway. The Cullen's were already home, Bella climbed out of her truck. She looked as if she was in pain. I pulled her into a hug.

"You okay" I whisper to her, she shook her head.

"Luna you should've seen his face" she hugged me tighter. "I really hurt him".

"He'll forgive you bells don't worry"

"That's the thing I don't think he will"

Edward took Bellas hand and led her up the stairs we piled in to the house. I froze when I spoke the vampire from the pitch in the house.

Jasper and Edward immediately lurched forward in defence. Carlisle stood in front of Laurent with his hand out.

"He came to warn us. About James." They back down slightly. Laurent address Dr. Cullen.

"I've grown tired of his games. But he's got unparalleled senses. Absolutely lethal. I've never seen anything like him in three hundred years And the woman, Victoria, will back him. Don't underestimate her." Jasper nodded at him.

Laurent stopped and started at me with a raised eyebrow. "You" he point at me and Jasper stood in front of me. "You're a surprise we did not sense you today"

"She got lucky" Bella blurted out.

"Lucky indeed James is unaware of you for now" Dr. Cullen nods a thank you. Laurent looks at Edward, apologetic.

"I'm truly sorry for what's been unleashed here" he utters one more time before he disappears into the woods.

Esme ushers us into the garage where everyone is, Everyone but Rosalie springs into action, opening cupboards for supplies - cell phones, extra batteries, maps, portable GPS units, changes of clothes, cans of gasoline, etc. As they load up the vehicles

"I've had to fight our kind before. We're hard to kill." Jasper said to his family: everyone glanced in me and Bella direction.

"But not impossible. We'll tear him up " Edward blurts out.

"We'll rip him apart with our hands, then burn the pieces" Emmett spit out.

"I don't relish killing another creature. Even a sadistic one like James." Carlisle said with a sigh.

"If he doesn't get to one of us first" Rose throws Bella a hateful look.

"This is insane. You can't put yourself in danger like this for me." Bella muttered out avoiding roses glare.

"Too late." Edward shoots Rosalie a look, but he grabs two sets of keys off a hook, throwing one set, to Dr. Cullen.

"I'll run Bella south, while you lead the tracker away" Edward unlocks the car.

"No, Edward the tracker thinks you won't leave Bella. He'll follow you" Carlisle shakes his head.

"I'll go with Bella. Luna, Jasper and I will drive her south." Alice smiles over at him. "I'll keep her safe Edward"

" Can you keep your thoughts to yourself?" Edward looked down at her, Alice nods. An unspoken agreement. Edward finally surrenders his keys to Alice. Then he opens one of Bella's suitcases, pulling out clothes, tossing them to Esme and Rosalie.

"Esme, Rosalie, put these on so the tracker will pick up Bella's scent."

"Why should I? What is she to me? Just a danger you've inflicted on us"

I walk over the Rose and place a hand on her shoulder. "Please Rose for me, Bella means a lot to me" She gives me a half heart glare and pulls on bellas jacket.

"Rosalie. Bella is with Edward. She's a part of this family now. And we protect our family." Carlisle smiled at me and Bella.

She glowers. Dr. Cullen hits the door opener and the massive metal doors roll open. Dr. Cullen squeezes Edward's shoulder before he and Esme climb into the suv. Everyone finishes loading up, climbing in cars

"This is crazy" I whisper to Jasper. He laughs and pulls me into a hug.

"Yes it is crazy but nothing will happen to Bella"

I nod. "But I don't want to lose any of you guys in the process"

"You won't darling" he kisses my forehead.

"You promise" he nods.

"I promise ma'am" I grin up at him and he pulls me over to the car and helps me into the suv.

Alice offered to climb into the back seat with Bella so Jasper and I were up front. Bella was back in the back with red puffy eyes from crying. She was ringing her mam for the fourth time since we left.

"Mom, it's me again. You must have let your phone die. Anyway, I'm not in forks I'll explain when you call" She hangs up, then faces back out the window, watching the green tress pass by.

-