Warnings

A/N: I am warning you now. This will be sad. There is a major character death due to a terminal illness. I won't be leaving out any details about said illness. I'll be telling you about every last bit, the good and the bad.

This means a lot to me because someone in my family due to this illness. So few people actually know about this illness and even fewer treatments for it exist.

Now, I want to make a few things clear.

The third drug I mention in this story doesn't exist.

There are only two treatments for ALS, and neither are particularly effective. Rizoule and Edaravone. In this story, I have created a third drug, a bit of a miracle drug.

The costs of caring for someone with this disease is astronomical, and most of this money comes out of the pockets of the families of the patients.

Financial support from the government to find a cure or to help people with this illness live comfortably is practically non-existent.

The Canadian government will offer Compassionate Care benefits for 6 weeks. You are payed up to 55% of your wages per week, up to a limit of $573. So, $573 x 6 =  $3,438 maximum

This doesn't even cover the cost of two of the treatments for the disease.

All financial support comes from donations, and any money going to research the disease is whatever is left of the donations.

I want to raise more awareness for the disease

With this out of the way, let's get in with the story.