Gifts of Power and a Class Reunion

A/N: In this chapter, I mention a drug Aiedail used to treat ALS. It is a fictional drug, only the other two drugs mentioned are real. Any prices I mention are in Canadian dollars. Any government involvement with financial support for ALS patients is relevant only to Canada.
I did my research on this. What I say is facts, from Canadian websites.

Also, this chapter is dedicated to Fabulous_Trash13 she are a good friend and all her comments motivate me to write more.

Chapter 4

When the doorbell rang the next day Midoriya's heart leapt into his throat, though he was expecting a visitor. He walked to the door much slower then he wanted to, but he wanted to fall less. He found if he moved too quickly, he had less control.

Midoriya opened the door to see Bakugou's scowling face.

"What took you so long, nerd?" Bakugou demands as he follows Midoriya to the living room. "And what was so urgent you needed me to come over? Before you ask, I'm not taking you to any more secret doctor appointments."

Bakugou falls silent now, picking up on the anxious atmosphere that surrounded Midoriya. He could tell the greenette was afraid, and Bakugou had a pretty good guess why. "The test results said something bad."

Midoriya just nods, unsurprised Bakugou was putting things together so quickly. "How bad is bad?" the blond continues, wishing Midoriya would meet his gaze. When he doesn't answer, Bakugou starts to worry. "How bad is bad?" he demands, smacking his hand on his knee as he leans closer to the greenette.

Midoriya looks up, meeting Bakugou's gaze. For a second, the greenette does nothing. Then he reaches into his pocket and holds up a small vial that glistens red in the sunlight.

"I'm giving you One for All, Kacchan."

Bakugou recoils as if struck by a punch to the jaw. Midoriya's words made him realize two things, the first being the vial had blood in it, and the second being that the boy sitting across from him was dying. That was the only reason Midoriya would be giving him One for All. Only if he was dying.
"How long do you have?"

Midoriya sighs, knowing this question was going to be asked, but wishing it wouldn't. "Three to five years, but I'll be in a wheelchair in less than one. It's already unsafe for me to do hero work."

Bakugou is stunned into silence. What kind of disease could do this to a person? "And there's no cure?" he asks, disbelief clear in his voice.

"No. So little is known of the disease because governments neglected to provide funds to research it."

The two boys sit in silence, one processing what just happened, the other wondering how he's going to tell the rest of his class. It was difficult enough telling his mom and the person he considered to be his best friend.

"You're giving it to me?" Bakugou says quietly, gesturing to the vial in Midoriya's hand.

"Yes."

"Why me? Why not the kid All Might was supposed to give it to in the first place? Seems cruel to for him to be cheated out of it twice. Or how about you give it to Todoroki?" Bakugou asks.

"I want to give it to you, Kacchan. Not Mirio, not Shoto, you. We've been together since we were kids; aside from my mother and Shoto, you're the one person in the world who know me best. You helped me train, helped me learn to control this power. You are the one most suited to have this power next, Kacchan, and I wouldn't have it any other way." Midoriya says firmly, determination and confidence filling his voice.