Prologue

It wasn't anything like Harry had imagined it would be. He imagined that he would see a large house surrounded by darkness. Judging by the letter left for him by Dumbledore, he expected something dilapidated and covered in cobwebs. It wasn't. It wasn't a large house but a small cottage. The windows were perfectly intact, the light blue shutters weren't falling off the hinges, the garden wasn't empty or rotted, and it was rather cozy. It looked like a cottage straight out of a fairytale.

It was surrounded by beautiful flower beds, weeping willow trees, and a river that ran through the backyard. When Dumbledore described her as being the most dangerous woman of our time Harry didn't expect to see ivy growing up the side of something so simple and homely.

"Is this it?" Ron questioned, motioning to the cottage in the clearing.

"This looks like a house out of a-" Hermione started.

"-fairytale. Right, I was thinking the same thing," Harry finished.

Since they had been on the search for horcruxes, they had traveled to some of the most remote places but this one had specific instructions. You couldn't apparate here but you could apparate to a specific section of the forest. They were in so deep that it took them a solid day to find it. It was a risk that Harry was willing to take, especially if she knew anything about the horcruxes or about Voldemort.

"This could just be for show," Ron said.

"What do you mean by that?" Harry questioned.

"Well, I'm just saying that this could be how she lures you in. She could make it look great on the outside just to get you inside," Ron replied, a little horror stricken.

"Relax, Ron. She's not an Acromantula. Dumbledore said she would help us, not harm us," Hermione soothed.

"Yeah, that makes me feel better," Ron rolled his eyes.

Everyone had their wands ready at their side in case they were to need it. They weren't sure about the place because it wasn't what they expected. They started to walk forward and a force threw them backwards so hard that it knocked the wind out of them. A mix of shock and fear crossed through each of their faces after they made it through their coughing fits.

"Oi! What gives?" Ron shouted, coughing slightly as he stood.

"I guess they have to keep the most dangerous enchantress secured in her own home," Hermione answered, dusting the dirt from her pants.

"Did she create the force field or did someone else?" Harry asked, picking his wand off the ground.

At that moment, the door to the cottage opened slowly and a beautiful young woman stepped onto the porch. Her dark wavy hair cascaded over her shoulders and her violet eyes pierced through the twilight. It didn't appear that she could see them very well but she knew they were there. Her kind voice called out a soft "Hello?" before she stepped from her porch to come to the outer edge. She didn't appear to look any older than a young adult and that seemed impossible to them.

"James, is that you?" She asked a mix of excitement and fear ran over her features as she sprinted to the edge.

"No, I'm sorry," Harry answered, unsure of how close he could get before being thrown back again.

"Who are you?" she asked kindly.

"Harry Potter. Dumbledore sent us to find you," Harry mentioned.

"H-Harry?" she asked, slightly stunned.

"Yes," he affirmed.

"You look so much like your father," she commented sadly.

"I hear that a lot,"