chapter 7

Harry blinks at her once and scoffs, "you want a tattoo?" he raises an eyebrow.

Lennon crosses her arms over her chest subconsciously and looks away from him as she tries to regain her confidence.

"Well.. actually, I need to talk to you about something, but I know you. You're a tightass and I don't have time to argue or persuade you to do otherwise."

"I'm a tightass?" Harry now raises both eyebrows in amusement, "pot calling the kettle black, don't you think?" he narrows his eyes, leaning forward on his arms. Lennon has half a mind to kick him in the throat.

"Well I'm here, am I not?" She huffs, "So let's get it over with. Do your little machine gun ink thing on me and be done. I have class in the afternoon."

Harry rolls his eyes now, "First of all, it's not a gun." Something about the misconception of tattoo machines being called "guns" always irritated him. They're not shaped like guns.

Lennon rolls her eyes at his fact of the day and grows impatient.

"And second, what makes you so sure I even want or have time to tattoo you? I mean I do have clients who scheduled appointments. Would be rude of me to hold them up." He tilts his head.

Lennon hums and smiles sweetly, "But you've got your ways of keeping your customers exceedingly satisfied, if I remember correctly. I'm sure you can make it up to them somehow."

Harry smiles, smirks really, at her, "You're interested in my services then?"

"Well yeah—" Lennon's eyes widen after the realization of what he truly meant sinks, "You're a pig." She pushes him just enough to make him take a step back in laughter.

Kate looks at the pair in utter confusion, but not too much confusion. She's not stupid enough to miss what the implication of "services" truly meant nor is she stupid enough to miss the ever growing tension that has now painted the entire room. 

"Alright, this isn't going anywhere and I'm running out of patience," Kate steps between the two and takes the reigns on the conversation, "She needs you to pretend to date her to get her ex boyfriend to stop being a dick. Before you ask what's in it for you or why you should say yes, we're willing to work with you so name your price." She crosses her arms over her chest.

"Kate!" Lennon pulls her back by her arm and sends her an are you insane?? look.

"Look Lennon, I appreciate the sexual tension in here, but like you said we have class this afternoon and I'm out of free passes. If I'm late or skip, I'm getting points off my grade for the semester."

Kate ignores the way her friend's eyes widen even more at the mention of sexual tension. There is absolutely NO tension between her and Harry. There's nothing. No spark, no chemistry, no pizzaz. Nothing. Anyone with a working brain could see all they feel for each other is a mutual dislike.

Harry looks between the two girls in silence, still processing the proposition before him. He'd have to be out of his mind to accept something so fucking ridiculous. He doesn't even know this girl. He can count all of the conversations he's had with her on one hand and none of them have been pleasant.. well almost none of them.

Still, her friend seemed pretty convincing in offering him whatever he wants and Lennon isn't necessarily hard on the eyes. He's sure if her personality was different he would've slept with her by now or maybe even taken her on a proper date.