Chapter Five

Derek hated how stuffy galas were.

They were just glorified art shows in this case, but at least the artists were getting their chance to shine. Everywhere he looked, he found himself facing yet another beautiful work about the community.

He was well aware that most of the people there who went apart of the community didn't actually want to be there.

It was gross how people pretended.

Not much he could say without accidental outin-

That was his ass.

While in his own head, he passed by a piece, that was straight up his own ass.

Okay, so more like, hotel room and his ass is there, and is covered. But he recognized himself either way.

He glanced at the other pieces in the collection, and realized that the person who painted them must've been the beauty from the last gala.

After all, he hazily remembered each of the paintings.

How close they were, how connected they felt...

No one else was going to have them. He walked to one of the... vendors? No. Not it. One of the people I. Charge of handling purchases.

"I'd like to purchase this whole collection."

The man seemed shocked and at a loss for words. "Sir, that's seven paintings!"

"I'm aware. And whatever the price, I'll pay it. I want all of it,

"O-of course sir."

He quickly got his transaction through before seeking out the artist.

He had to meet him again.

Seeing the painting of himself...

Derek just wanted to feel what he felt back then again.

Jason lived looking at the different artwork, and was mesmerized by how beautiful people could make things, how they expressed themselves.

But, that did get old fast, so he got some wine and leaned against a wall near his own work.

Though, he never got to drink his wine.

"Considering how I don't remember anything, and I'm assuming you don't, lay off the wine."

It was said as the glass was snatched out of his hand, and he glanced to see

Coffee shop guy?

Wait...

And the guy from the gala! He was both!?

"I honestly didn't think we'd meet again, but then I saw you painted my ass..." he trailed off, obviously teasing.

"Y-you saw?"

"I saw your whole collection," he informed, "you're talented! And since we're both sober, I'm Derek."

Jason looked at the extended hand and shook it, "Jason."

"Now, I've made my way around here quite a few times, want to find somewhere to eat?"

"Oh god, yes." And the pair snuck off.

Not that anyone would be looking for them. They made their appearances.

Hilariously enough, they just grabbed McDonald's and sat in a hotel room, eating.

"Sorry for being so skittish and flaking," Jason apologized.

"No, no, I get it. Considering we stopped because you were drunk and not comfortable anymore, I could see the panic."