chapter 2 : confrontation.

You could feel your blood boiling in you, you couldn't stand this sensation. This feeling of being weak and dependent on someone. Your father and mother always taught you to defend yourself, maybe in a brutal way, but the vision of the strong and independent women has always been attached to you.

In your whole life, you've been rescued one time and that only time.. well, you.. don't remember it? It's so weird, but you have the feeling of it.
Can we count the "rescue" of Jules on a training has "being saved"?
No, you weren't in a real danger so, let's say it didn't count. Anyway, you can save yourself in any situations.

You grounded him like little kid. But Jules knew that you hated being rescued by anyone, even him or Erwin. You made them understand that you're a strong woman who doesn't need anyone et most of all, all you wanted is their trust.

But this time it wasn't Jules, but Erwin.

- " Erwin...? "

Your eyes were wide open, you couldn't believe it. You knew Erwin respected your choices and trusted you. But it's true that for the past few years where you joined to become a soldier, Erwin has been slowly distant with you. But you respected his choices. He was so devoted to saving humanity and to discover the world outside the Walls since he's a little kid that the distance was maybe needed to achieve his goal.

- " He bringed you to me and told me to take care of you, then he left to defeat the titans. "

You lower your gaze, your fist tighten agaisnt the sheets that covered your legs.

- " Where is he ? " you asked from a cold tone.

- " Hemm.. I don't really know maybe he's sitting next to his camp..-"

Has Elise finished her sentence, you were already headed to the exit of the tent. You look around you. You notice that the Survey Crops has established a camp among the trees from the big tree forest. It was not long before the sun was going to set. You could identify a soldier sitting on a wooden box in front of a fire near you.

- " Hey, you. "

You call out the soldier and he looks directly at you with big eyes, questioning how you could get up with this giant bandage that fully covered your tummy and your head.

- " Where is Erwin. "

By his fragile and submissive hands, he pointed directly where was Erwin.

Your gaze turned in the direction he was pointing and you could notice him from behind. Erwin was observing the sunset from one of the branches near you. You vividly scream his name, the whole regiment could hear you. Erwin turns around and looks at you, his face was stoic. You made a sign with your hand to tell him to come over while you stare directly into his eyes. He then comes to you by using the vertical maneuvering equipment.

You're now face to face with him, he's so tall that his shadow covers you entirely and you're lifting your chin to be able to look him directly in his eyes. His blue gaze rests intensely in your ( e / c ), as you swallow rapidly your saliva you could perceive a gentle smile from the corner of his lips.

- " Yes, Y/N ? "

His deep and harsh voice made your entire being shiver, it's been such a long time since he last spoke to you with this tone. From your frail hand, you grab his shirt to pull him so his face is at the same height as yours. Your faces are remarkably close and you could feel his breathing slipping on your lips.

- " I've already told you, you don't need to save me. "

You cramped your fist against his shirt and your teeth grind, it was surely the first time you were facing Erwin.

- " I know. But unfortunately you weren't able to save yourself. Without me you could've had important sequela. " He said by looking directly at the bandage that gripped your belly.

You gave into the pressure and glared beyond his eyes, you could notice certain details like little moles on the corner of his eyes or the absence of beard on the entirety of his jaw. He's so clean..

You suddendly focus and look at him directly into his eyes again.

- " I-It was only a mistake ! I mean.. I think so.. "

- " You still have those memory problem hm ? "

You could hear fast footsteps coming in your direction. It was Elise who's barely exiting the tent and see you facing Erwin.

- " Y/N ! That's enough ! "

- " Tsch ! " You release brutally the shirt of Erwin because of Elise's remarks.

Erwin rises and you face again this gigantic mass that was Erwin. Elise brings you back to the tent while she keeps apologizing a good ten times to Erwin for your behavior.Erwin could hear her excuses, but his eyes were staring directly at you while you were entering the tent.

―――――――――――――――――――

You suddenly wake up on a chair, in a sort of waiting room kind of rich as you would say. Beside you was Jules who was also sitting on a chair, almost falling asleep.
The door of the waiting room opens and Erwin exit it, his gaze was lowered.

- " So ? " Begins Jules.

- " They're suggesting to asset a place for me as Major of the Survey Crops for the next years. "

Your eyes and Jules marvels at the news and the two of you couldn't help but smile.

- " But that's incredible Erwin ! With that, you can persue your dream, our dream ! "

He raises his head and look at the both of you, a big smile drawn on his face. His visage filled with joy, this big smile.. Could be this that made you remember this ? Did his smile really affected you to this point ?

The memory disapear again bringing in the void.

―――――――――――――――――――

You slowly wake up from your little bed camp always in the same tent with beside you, a familiar person.

- " Hey Jules. " You said with a smile.

- " Hey, Y/N. " He responded you with the same smile.