chapter 3 : wounded.

The night was setting in and Jules was beside you, his look was worried. 

- " So, how's your wound ? "

- " It's better than last time.. My head still hurt sometimes. "

- " And how do you feel ? "

- " Kinda.. tired I guess ? "

- " Well, I can tell. " Said Jules with a big moking smile. 

You gently punched him in the arm while the both of you giggled. 

- " I saw you talked to Erwin. " 

- " Oh, you did ? " You responded with a smirk on your lips.

- " Yeah and I can say that it was a pretty shitty interaction. "

- " Well, can you blame me ? You and him promised me to not save me at all !"

- " Y/N, we were little kids ! And I'm kind of surprised you still remember this..? "

- " Shut up ! Even if we were kids or if I don't remember this, I know what are my convictions and it's always been the same : Disco-.. "

Jules interrupt you in the middle of your sentence. 
- " Discover the world outside the Walls and blahblahblah.. I know that not needing anybody is one of your biggest mantra but, the world is more dangerous than it was in our head Y/N. "

Jules grabbed your hand with his, looking directly into your eyes. 

- " We need to fight together. "

You gaze right into his eyes too, the feeling of his warm hand around yours was so gentle and kind you could feel a little spark touched your heart. 

As of this moment of total peace and trust, you analyzed every inch of his being: Jules had always been an athletic guy. Never add any flaw on his body and you know he had that 6 pack well drawn. He's tall, but not as tall as Erwin, around 5'8 ft. (1m78). Compared to Erwin Jules was thinner, but you could pretty much see he had detailed muscles and could lift you like a feather.
Jules was really popular among the village. His face was ethereal. Hazel eyes that become green at the sight of the sun, little fluffy chestnut hair shaved on the side and a face with thin traits. 

- " I know Jules.. I know.. " 

Elise came in the tent suddenly with some rations for you. She looks at you with big stare, seeing the hand of Jules surrounding yours. You look directly at her with a confused gaze and she responds with a smirk.

- " Hi Y/N ! Hi Jules ! " Said Elise with a ridiculus tone. 

- " Oh hi Elise ! " Responded Jules with a warm smile. 

Jules didn't released your hand even when Elise came in, you could see his finger tighting up a little bit on your hand. 

                          ―――――――――――――――――――

A bright light blinded your eyes, you try to cover it with your arms. The light slowly passes away and you could feel a stream of water sliding gently onto your little feet. You take off your arm from your eyes and you could see Jules and Erwin playing together in the water.

You quickly burst out a little giggled by the sight of them trying desperately to drown each other. You could feel the joy and peace in this moment like a slight breeze on your face. 

A little moment of peace. 

That's what made you cherished the void.

Your eyes blinked..

                          ―――――――――――――――――――

.. and your memory is suddenly gone. You're now waking up at the sound of the soldier waking up everybody for a new day. 

You've been resting for an entire day now and your wound are healing pretty well, so you decide it was time to return to the battlefield. 

2 weeks have passed and the exploration is looking perfectly handled. There's no big loss in terms of soldiers, titans are being defeated one by one and you're still in pretty good shape. 

You and the Survey Crops had established the camp on a mansion that is used especially for the Survey Crops. It had enough space for everybody to sleep in there. 

You were installed with Elise in a little chamber with bunk bed. 

- " Enough spaces huh ? We can't even stand together in the room ! "  

- " Come on, Elise, at least we don't have to sleep in the cold. " 

- " Yeah, maybe but why does Erwin have a private room for himself ! " Elise was screaming more and more. 

- " He's going to be a Major really soon, they have to put him in good conditions like Majors. " You responded calmly to her. 

When it wasn't you who were complaining, it was Elise, but Elise had a big place in her heart for the comfort in her sleep. 

You sighed and giggled a little as the sight of Elise going insane at the side of the room. 

Suddenly someone knocked on the door, they opened it. It was a soldier looking directly at you. 

- " Soldier Y/N ? " 

- " Yes ? "

- " Erwin is demanding you in his headquarters. "

- " Oh, okay.. "

Elise and you looked confusedly at each other, but you obey the orders and go to Erwins room. 

You were facing this big door, you take a deep breath and raise your fist against the wooden door to knock it. 

Why were you this nervous about facing Erwin again ? You've known him for so long what's gotten into you ? 

You barely had the time to compose yourself that you could hear the deep voice of Erwin inviting you to come in.

You slowly open the door, you could perceive Erwin was working on his desk in the middle of the room, a feather pen on his hand. His gaze was directly staring at you entering the room. 

He gently dropped the feather pen on the holder and join his hands to interlace his fingers.

You were standing in the middle of the room, holding nervously your hands behind your back. 

- " You wanted to meet me, Erwin ? " You said with a trembling voice. 

- " Yes, Y/N. Come closer please. " 

You quickly move forward towards the desk, still confused by the situation. You were now closer to Erwin. 

Erwin moves up from his chair to slowly walk towards the front of his desk, sitting a little bit on it, his hands glued in his pockets.

Erwin had removed the cape and jacket, only wearing this white shirt who was unbuttoned at the beginning of it revealing a parcel of his chest. The white shirt was so tight up that it exposed his tight abs. You couldn't help but notice how well drawn his body was. 

He was now even closer to you, you were literally facing each other a second time.

Despite the fact that he was partially sitting on the desk, he was still much taller than you.
His powerful navy eyes were looking directly through you. 

- " I wanted to say that I'm sorry for saving you last time. " Said Erwin with his bitter voice.

- " Oh.. Erwin.. " You said with a gentle voice. 

- " You know how I feel about loosing soldier on the battlefield. And loosing you would be the worst thing that could happen to the Survey Crops. " Affirmed Erwin still looking deeply into your eyes. 

Your entire body immediately burst out of heat, you could feel your cheeks and ears burn up of redness. You couldn't even say a word.

Did Erwin just, confessed that..? 

- " Does the wound healed better ? " Erwin was looking at the bandage you still kept around your head. The soldier healeur told you to keep it for a good month like a protection. 

- " Yea a little bit, but the memory loss dizzle my head a little bit-.."

You suddenly feel the tip of his finger gently pushing aside some strand of your hair. You could feel his breathing touching your forehead. 

His right hand languidly moves below your forehead to gently hold your left cheek. The softness of his skin against yours made you tremble, even Erwin could feel how hot was your cheek. 

- " I can't bare to see you hurt again.. " Erwin claimed from a low voice.