Chapter Twenty Eight

My Dearest Serafina

I am glad you are well. You are to thank the Dark Lord for all he has done for you. You will show how grateful you are. You wouldn't disappoint me would you?

I have arranged for you to be taken out of lessons for a family reunion, to celebrating the awakening of Blaise and yours twins magic. It is only natural to celebrate as it was essentially your birth right to use your powers. 

They will develop under time and you and your brother will be mentored under Severus Snape. I am sure you have met him before as he also teaches at Hogwarts. Your lessons will begin in one Monday's time.

The celebration takes place in two days time. You and Blaise will be there among some very special guests. I trust you know how to act and behave. Let this act as a reminder.

You will be escorted to Professor Snape tomorrow evening who will provide you safe passage home. 

Mother 

Serafina lets out a bitter laugh which jolts Draco and Blaise, both of which had been trying to read the letter over her shoulder. Raising an eyebrow at their overly innocent faces, she thrusts the letter into her brothers hand giving him silent permission for him to read it. 

Draco finishes reading first and makes eye contact with Serafina who looks away quickly. She taps her foot impatiently, waiting for Blaise to finish. 

'Well?' She says but her voice isn't as cold as she would've liked it to be. Draco hears the fear in her voice and takes a step forward but Serafina quickly shakes her head and takes a step back. She misses the flash of hurt that flashes across Draco's face before his emotions are sealed. 

'I guess... we are meeting him.' Blaise speaks softly. Serafina shakes her head as she sits on Blaise's bed. 

It was only the morning after Draco had rocked Serafina to sleep that she received this letter. The three of them were together in the male dorms, which provided the much needed privacy. The other Slytherin boys that shared the dorm with Blaise and Draco had gone on with their day. 

'I guess we don't have a choice.' She spits bitterly. 'It's like mother doesn't even care.' When Draco and Blaise don't respond she shakes her head coldly. 'Of course, why would she. I'm just a pureblood girl that she can use.' Her voice loses its coolness and the seeping of raw emotion can be heard through her words. 

Blaise looks up in surprise not used to his sister expressing such feelings. 

'I have had enough of her stupid games, just as I think I have gotten ahead or done something right it turns out I have fallen into mothers trap all this time.' She laughs spitefully and Blaise's face is overcome with understanding. His lips form a soft oh

'You know that stun I pulled? Where I immediately accepted my identity to show mother that she couldn't control me? Yes well I found out I had fallen perfectly into her plan all along. Her aim was to rile me up so I would stand for what I believe in! I'm just a toy to her.' Serafina begins to hyperventilate and Draco reaches over and pulls her in his arms. Blaise raises an eyebrow but stays silent. 

'I understand Serafina, I do..' Blaise speaks softly and Serafina snaps her head to meet his eyes. They were burning and full of rage, despair and hurt. Blaise takes an involuntary step back. Serafina roughly tugs herself out of Draco's arms and takes a step towards Blaise. 

She speaks coldly, her voice void of emotion. 'You understand do you? You understand the feeling of pure terror as everything you once knew is torn apart from you? Do you know what its like to be thrown into a world where you don't belong?' She takes a deep breath and physically begins to shake. 'Sure, your pretty life hasn't been perfect, but mother and father actually loved you!'