Chapter Ten

A/N: I have warned you guys that updates from tomorrow until the 28th of June will be irregular. But I will plan them on paper so the few minutes I will be able to spend on my laptop, will be hopefully producing chapters. Thanks for putting up with my bullshit :)

Hermione's Pov

Shopping with mother. It actually wasn't that bad. Well, excusing the headache, sore feet and the looks, it went much better than I had hoped for. The last thing mother had bought was a large collection of books for me. Without sounding too ungrateful, I probably would have preferred them to be something else other than 'Pureblood etitquette.' 

Flashback

'...and this one too!' Mother calls cheerfully placing a blue gown on top of the red and black ones. I internally sigh and walk over to the changing rooms for what felt like the hundreth time with dresses that probably costed twice as much as my adopted parents annual wages. 

I had tried on the black one and mother said I looked too much like her close friend Bellatrix. I try the blue and '...It doesn't suit your colouring, it would look far better on me.'

Then I change into the red dress. It was a last resort I think. By this point we were in the last gown store and had exhasuted all the selection of dresses that Paris had to offer. My head was killing from the explosive headache I felt. Probably caused by all that fake smiling. 

I step out into the main area and mother looks at the dress critically. She doesn't say anything. I began to feel uncomfortable. Does it really look that bad?

It had a long cut down its left leg and was made out of the finest silk and had a sort of metallic shine. It had no sleeves but a corset to keep the dress up. Lace circled the bust area and even though it wasn't the sort of dress I would wear, especially the deep colour red, I thought it looked okay. 

'That will do. It is a shame that you didn't look good in the green dresses, we had tried loads of those yet the first red dress you try on it looks half decent. Get changed Serafina and give that dress to the kind young lady waiting, she will take it to the checkout.'

Oh yes, we had a personal shopping assitant too. 

I suppose that was a back handed compliment from mother. The best I am likely going to receieve. I know she was disappointed I look better in my true house colours then the green she wanted. Whoops. 

It is a bit like she had a personailty transplant, the last shopping trip we had was quite enjoyable. I guess she was a good actress. 

I get changed and hand the dress over tp the blonde girl who was waiting patiently. She takes the dress and walks away where I assume mother is paying. I put on my heels slowly, partly to kill time and because my feet were dying. 

'In public we must always look our best.'

Pureblood lady rule 55 or something. I don't know. All I know is that wearing heels does not mean you are at your best. I suppose it is a matter of opinion. I guess looking your best in comfort isn't a thing? Judging to mothers reaction to Blaise in jeans, I would say not.

Mother practically grabs my arm and tugs me out the shop. 'I cannopt wait to get home darling. But first we must go over to the bookstore. It has a few things I think might benefit you.' 

I stifle a yawn but reply quickly. 'Yes mother.' I notice the dress wasn't with her so I assume father will be coming out here later to pick it up. 

'You know darling, if you lost a little bit of weight I don't think it would matter what colour your dress would be because your body would be perfect. But until  you do lose something, I am afraid red is your best colour. Quite disgusting really don't you think?'