Chapter 4 Riolu's royale rumble

The next morning Ash somehow woke up before anyone else, he decided to let Serena sleep but he woke up Pikachu.

"Pika-pi?" Pikachu asked Ash confused on why he was up so early.

"Pikachu we have to visit Riolu before he goes back into the wild." Ash said picking up Pikachu and placing him on his head.

"And besides, I know your tired so I am going to give you a lift to his room anyway." Ash grinned

They walked down to Riolu's room only to see that he was not there.

"I guess we were too late..." Ash said looking at the ground.

"You were not too late." A little voice said.

Ash looked around confused and saw nobody.

"Now I guess I am hearing things..." Ash pouted

"PIKA-PI!" Pikachu exclaimed looking at the little blue and black dog on the ground.

"Oh hey Riolu! Do you know who was speaking just then?" Ash asked confused.

"Well of course I do, it was me." Riolu said looking up at Ash.

"WHA! You can talk?" Ash asked seeming rather flustered.

"Of course, I thought all Riolu and Lucario could." Riolu responded seeming rather confused.

"Well they cant! Hey buddy that's so cool!" Ash exclaimed.

"Why did you not leave by now?" Ash asked

"Well you see, I do not know how to explain it but here." Riolu explained tossing a Pokeball into Ash's hands.

"You want me to catch you?" Ash asked confused

"Well isn't that what you do with a Pokeball?" Riolu asked rhetorically.

"Are you sure?" Ash asked making sure he was ok with it.

"Well of course, I just feel a good aura from you." Riolu said smiling

"Aura? Like an aura sphere?" Ash asked hopefully

"Well, kind of." Riolu said rolling his eyes.

"All right then! Go Pokeball!" Ash cried a bit loudly as he threw the Pokeball at Riolu.

The Pokeball shook 3 times and then clicked shooting sparkles from the side. Ash then heard Serena groan from the room they stayed in overnight. Ash walked in and apologized but Serena just smiled.

"What Pokemon did ya catch?" She grinned as she sat up

"I caught Riolu, he insisted that I caught him and of course I did not deny the opportunity. Alright Riolu come on out!" Ash yelled excitedly to see a red light come out of the Pokeball.

"Hello master Ash." Riolu said before he turned around to face Serena.

"Good morning to you too master Serena." He said smiling

"Y-you talk!?" She asked seeming rather flustered

"Ya I was confused at first too. But I now just have come to except this world is odd." Ash said smiling

"Anyway, I think we should head out to see Clemont and Bonnie. But first. Hey Riolu, wanna help me beat clemont in a battle?" Ash asked hopefully

"Of course master. Does this mean I get to train with you and Pikachu?" He asked even more hopefully than Ash.

"Of course! Oh and Serena Maybe because Bonnie is probably a trainer too, maybe we could do a double battle against them." Ash asked with stars in his eyes.