Prologue

Third Person

Jamie Reynolds didn't ask to become a rogue, but she honestly didn't mind being one either. That may be because she's only been one for a week, and has yet to grow insane like most rogues are said to. Or it could be because she doesn't have to deal with her demanding parents and training-oriented pack anymore. Seriously, what sane person is okay with getting up at six o'clock every day?

She had yet to find a good place to settle down. The furthest planning-wise she got was buying a new phone with money that she may or may not have stolen from her parents. Joining another pack didn't sound too great compared to the freedom of rogue life, so she'd have to find unclaimed territory to settle down in. Finding neutral territory would also mean crossing through another pack's territory. That is unless going dozens of miles out of her way started to sound fun.

While the Everlast pack didn't exactly love rogues, they didn't kill them on sight like most. If she entered the territory in human form and didn't attack, they'd probably let her through with an escort. Probably.

It was her best bet, otherwise she'd be living in the woods, left to become nothing more than an urban legend. She'd be damned if she let herself become some shitty horror story told by stupid teenagers camping illegally. All she needed to do was run into one of the nicer pack members, preferably one without a major title, and she should be good.

The run there was short, mainly because Jamie decided that it would be best to wait near the outskirts of their land. Alphas in particular hated finding a rogue in the heart of their lands, because that meant a measly loner got past their patrol. And embarrassing an alpha like that would most likely turn out to be a deadly offense, whether you posed a threat or not.

As an extra precaution, and because she got bored, Jamie ended up sitting on a patch of grass to wait for the patrol that would inevitably come by. There was always the chance that this pack didn't have one, but based on her old pack's way of life, any sensible pack that didn't want to get overrun had one. To pass the time she split blades of grass in half, or at least attempted to, and admired the scenery.

Like most werewolves, she loved nature. Even though she got a little sick of staring at trees for the past week, it was still better than staying indoors for that long. There was something about the outdoors that was so...vibrant, especially with her heightened sense of sight. Despite the density of the woods, the sun still managed to make it's way past the towering oaks to the forest floor, allowing grass healthy enough to make a middle-aged dad jealous grow plentifully. Sure, there were weeds and poison ivy, but it's not like either of those particularly bothered her. She could simply avoid poison ivy, and it's not like the weeds were stealing nutrients from her so she figured they could stay. It was either that or start a mission to uproot and destroy every weed in the world, which was impossible.

She laid back and closed her eyes, silently enjoying the little bits of noise produced by the wind or small creatures, heavily confusing the upcoming patrol.

"You're trespassing on pack land. State your business or get out, rogue."

A/N: First of all hi, thank you for checking out my story. Second of all I want to point out/explain some 'rules' that may be different from most werewolf stories out there. In this world, there are werewolf-friendly clothes that aren't torn up when you shift and aren't gone when you shift back, this is because I don't want to deal with having the characters find conveniently placed clothes in the woods after shifting back or simply being naked in front of each other. There isn't a set age where you meet your mate, but it is only possible for you to notice/prove who your mate is after your first shift, which happens between the ages of 14-16. So technically your mate could be your childhood friend, but you would have no way of definitively knowing it until you meet your wolf/get your full wolf senses or whatever the terminology is. I think that's all the really different things, so with that being said, I hope you enjoy Oh Hell No