Chapter 3: The Kayti Files

Now, that window was on the first story, so don't worry about me jumping. The problem was, I was trying to get away, and I landed in a very tangly bush. I shoved it off and ran, holding the video camera right against my chest. I had to think fast. Where would I go? The perfect place popped into my mind, and I raced to the familiar direction. I saw the place and knocked on the wooden door. A small girl opened the door, with a teddy bear. I forgot it was seven o'clock in the morning. "What is it?" She asked. "Lilian, let me in! Please!" I yelled, and ran into my friend Lilian's house. Into the house of the only person I know who believed Kayti existed.

I was tired and sweating like mad as I grabbed the camera, my only clue of Kayti's existence. I looked at it carefully. It looked like a normal camera. "What are you doing here?" Lilian whispered, making sure not to wake up her parents, who hated and despised me. "I-I think I found a clue. A clue to lead us to Kayti." I whispered. Lilian grew wide-eyed. "Really? Looks like a regular camera to me." She whispered. "I'll try recording a video." I whispered back. I turned on the camera and video taped Lilian. She didn't even care. 'ѕтorage тoo ғυll' it read. "Maybe we should look at the tapes..." I suggested. I clicked the youngest video and found the face I had grown fond to. The face in my dreams. The face I adored. The face I was looking for. Kayti was on my screen.