Chapter 1: Memory

(My memory)

I was in a small room in our house. I remember this creamy color of paint. It was my sister's room. I saw someone in front of me, handing a cookie to me. I grabbed it happily as she put her finger over her mouth, as to say 'Shh'. I nodded and munched happily as she led me to her bed, where we climbed on. "Thank you, Kayti." I said.
"You're welcome almost five year-old." Kayti had answered.
"Almost seven year-old"
"Yep. Our birthdays are tomorrow. Same sister birthday. I can't wait."
"I can't either"
"Can I tell you something?"
I nodded, cookie crumbles on my face.
"I wouldn't trust Mom or Dad fully. There's something suspicious about them. Do you promise not to tell?"
I nodded again hugging her. My dear sister. Little did I know it was the last time I would for years.
~The next morning~
I woke up bright and cheery. I was finally five! And Kayti was finally seven!! I ran to her room to wake her up, but there was nothing in the room. I was confused. Where was her stuff? As I started to head downstairs, I looked at the family pictures that led downstairs on the wall. In all of them, Kayti was missing. Where she was supposed to be was cut out. I started to get a little worried.

I found that the vase Kayti had made for me was gone from the table. Everything related to her was gone. Like she was never alive. I found Mom
In the kitchen making a pancake. "I'm making your birthday pancake honey!" She smiled. I stared at her. "What about Kayti?" I asked. "Who's Kayti?" Mom asked, and that was when I decided to go back to bed, and I hoped Kayti was back when I next woke up. But she wasn't.