Decimation-13

Everyone is going to die.

Every single member of your community is going to die.

How many have you lost already?

Clementine and Marina... Can you keep them safe? Will they make it through this alive? They have to. You will do anything you have to do. There's is nothing you wouldn't do.

You collapse against a wall, trying to catch your breath and wiping some sweat from your brow. You've been running for what, twenty minutes straight? You just can't seem to find a way to get back to your car. You keep running into people and then narrowly escaping without them seeing you.

Even now, you can hear them trying to find you. You're even pretty sure that more people have shown up, knowing that you're here. It's not like they'll catch you, though. You're already so close to the car, and you'd be damned if you died here. You'll find a way to that vehicle.

You push off the wall and start moving again. You're so close, you can see the exit, but there are a few patrols between you and the ticket booth. At the ticket booth, there are at least three guards that you can see right now.

You slowly move towards a group of overgrown bushes and crouch behind them. You're watching, waiting for an opportunity. If you can get past the patrols without getting spotted, you can either slip through the exit guards or quickly take them out. But you cannot leave until you know you won't be followed. If the patrols get on you before you're already too far away, you'll have to deal with them. That would cause an issue, giving more people time to get there.

There's an opening. You can move through quickly and hope you don't get spotted. You had to leave your knife when you threw it into that woman's neck earlier, and after a bit of running, you realized you needed to leave the rifle behind. You stashed it, obviously—no sense in leaving a trail, no matter how small. And if you have to, you can go back for it.

You run, exposed, defenseless. One good shot, and it's over. Not that they'll hit you while you're moving so fast unless they get lucky

Unknown Man: There!

That was fast. Faster than you were hoping for. You go off track, slamming through a pair of doors into a café or something just as bullets start to fly. You don't have time to block the doors. You gotta keep going. You dive over the counter that served the food and squeeze close to it. A few seconds later and they're bursting into the building.

Lights illuminate the room.

Unknown: Woman: Find him. He hasn't left through the back.

You look around for a weapon. Nothing. The place was probably picked dry early on since it would have been a prominent place. Anything that could be used to bash a skull in has already been taken. You have your arm, but it would be nice to have two weapons.

The lights are spreading out around the room as people spread to different places. You'd be naïve to think you're safe. The counter will be one of the first places they check. You've already scooted close to the edge in anticipation.

Unknown Man: We have him in the café near the entrance.

Now you're on a time limit. You can't take them all out pressed for time. The more time you waste, the more time new people have to show up. Everyone in the park will be converging on the entrance, and there's no telling how many more could be on the way to the park from wherever they are.

There are two steps next to the counter, slow and quiet. Someone is getting ready to look around the counter. You shoot out before they can, catching them off guard. They jump back, trying to put distance between the two of you. You punch him in the gut with your left arm and hook him in the face with your right when you get your footing correct. You grab his knife strapped to his waist and stick it in the bottom of his chin.