To you

I am completely consumed by my feelings for you.

To the point where the vines you've entangled in me have now become my veins.

Making it hard to decipher where you end and I begin.

It was so sudden how you came into my life, I didn't notice you overtaking me.

Like oxygen filing my lungs giving me fresh air.

No longer choking on the toxic lies that I held onto for so long convincing me I could never feel like this for someone, causing me to believe I was my own poison.

I owe you for showing me what it's like to care this deeply about someone, to be vulnerable and forget about all the consequences as you are worth every single one of them.

I've been told I often disconnect myself from things in my life.

As my fingertips leave a canvas you cannot feel where they have traced.

I've always been afraid to leave pieces of myself wherever I go.

I thought that if I kept giving them away it would leave me empty.

With you it's different, I no longer feel like giving a part of myself to you would be me losing it.

You reflect everything I strive to be .

I admire the way your mind works, how much you care.

You give me more life than I've ever experienced or thought I could have.

This connection is one I don't want to lose.

I wouldn't be leaving a piece of myself behind, I would be walking away from a piece I've found.