Sixteen

"The chair recognizes the senator from the sovereign system of Naboo." Chancellor Valorum announced in from the center of the huge room. All of the senators from various systems and planets were meeting to listen to you and Padmé. There were at least a few hundred of them. The hover congressional box you, Padmé, Palpatine, your captain, and a few of your maids were on moved forward towards the center of the room. 

"Supreme Chancellor, delegates of the senate," Palpatine addressed the room. "A tragedy has occurred, which started right here with the taxation of trade routes and has now engulfed our entire planet in the oppression of the Trade Federation." 

"This is outrageous! I object to the senator's statements." Lott Dod exclaimed as his congressional box rushed to the center of the room. His box was filled with Federation trade barons. You already did not like this man and his rude interruptions.

"The chair does not recognize the senator from the Trade Federation at this time." Valorum firmly stated. 

"To state our allegations, I present Queen Amidala, recently elected ruler of Naboo, and Princess Amidala, the Queen's successor. Both who will speak on our behalf." Palpatine continued. You and Padmé stood up from your seats and walked forward so everyone could see you both. Palpatine returned to his seat. 

"Honorable representatives of the Republic." Padmé started. "We come to you under the gravest of circumstances." 

"The Naboo system has been invaded by the droid armies of the Trade-" you continued off of Padmé, but was interrupted by Lott Dod. 

"I object! There is no proof!" Lott Dod exclaimed. You shot him a look and almost wanted to knock him out of his congressional box with the Force. 

But now was not the time for that. Padmé was just as angry as you, but you both needed to remain composed. 

"This is incredible. We recommend a commission be sent to Naboo to ascertain the truth." Lott Dod demanded more than suggested. 

"The Congress of Malastare concurs with the honorable delegate from the Trade Federation." the Ambassador from Malastare chimed in as his congressional box floated to the center of the room. "A commission must be appointed."

"The point-" Valorum began when he was interrupted by his vice chair. Palpatine whispered to you and Padmé. 

"Enter the bureaucrat."  Palpatine said. "The true rulers of the Republic. And on the payroll of the Trade Federation, I might add. This is where Chancellor Valorum's strength will disappear."

"The point is conceded." Valorum continued after speaking to the member. "Will you defer your motion to allow a commission to explore the validity of your accusations?" 

"We will not defer." Padmé answered. "We've come before you to resolve this attack on our sovereignty now."

"We were not elected to watch our people suffer and die while you discuss this invasion in a committee." you added in a stern voice, you were tired of this committee not listening to you and Padmé's plead for help.

"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest a new leadership is needed." Padmé finished for you. You didn't like this plan you and Padmé had planned with Palpatine, but right now it was the only way to quickly save Naboo. "We move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership." 

The room went in an uproar and various shouts and murmuring could be heard in every inch of the room. Valorum fell back into his seat, stun, as his vice chair shouted for order in the room. 

"Vote now! Vote now! Vote now!" the assembly chanted. 

"Now they will elect a new chancellor." Palpatine explained to you and Padmé. "A strong chancellor. One who will not let our tragedy continue."

You and Padmé stared straight in front of you both. The growing sinking feeling in your stomach grew. You wished Anakin was there to comfort you. Right now, you needed your friend more than anything.

~

"The boy will not pass the council's test, Master. He's too old. As for the girl if she chooses to take the test." Obi-Wan told Qui-Gon. They had taken Anakin to the Jedi Council to conduct a test of his powers with the Force. 

"Anakin and ____ will become a Jedi, I promise you." Qui-Gon replied. 

"Do not defy the council, Master, not again." Obi-Wan gently reminded as they stopped walking. 

"I shall do what I must, Obi-Wan." 

"If you would just follow the code, you would be on the council. They will not go along with you this time." 

"You still have much to learn, my young apprentice." Qui-Gon said as he placed a hand on his Padawan's shoulder. 

~

"A ship... A cup... A speeder." Anakin answered before the Jedi Council. Mace Windu was testing Anakin with a imaging device in front of him and rapidly going through the images for Anakin to said what the objects were. Windu lowered the device and looked over to Yoda and nodded. 

"Hmm." Yoda responded. "How feel you?" 

"Cold, sir." Anakin answered. 

"Afraid are you?" 

"No, sir." 

"See through you we can." Yoda said as he pointed at Anakin. 

"Be mindful of your feelings." Windu added. 

"Your thoughts dwell on your mother." Ki-Adi said. 

"I miss her." Anakin explained. 

"They also dwell your friend you share the Force Connection with." Windu said as he knew Anakin was worried about you as well. 

"I haven't seen her or been able to feel her through our connection." Anakin explained himself. 

"Mmm. Afraid to lose them, I think, mmm?" Yoda asked. 

"What has that got to do with anything?" Anakin asked, confused on why they were discussing him missing his mother and you. 

"Everything." Yoda said sternly. "Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering." 

Anakin glanced around the room and was met with the eyes of the Jedi Council watching his every move. 

"I sense much fear in you." Yoda informed Anakin when he looked back at him. The Jedi Council all shared a look, already knowing their answer for Anakin to be trained.