Eleven

Hey everyone!! A lot of you really enjoy this book and I just wanted to mention that I do have a MCU Peter Parker x Reader story called New Girl's Secret. It is similar to this story in the sense that it follows the storyline of Spider-Man Homecoming. The book is almost completed, it has one or two more chapters left in it. Then I will be starting the sequel of the book, which will continued to follow the MCU timeline and go into Infinity War and Endgame. 

It is 33 chapters if you need something to read while waiting for another update for I Live to  Make You Free 

Just wanted to mention it to you all!! I hope you enjoy this next chapter!!

~

"He will be hard-pressed to catch up with the leaders." one of the announcers spoke. You watched Ani speed off on the device Shmi was holding. You started to feel very nervous and anxious. You tried to stay calm for the sake of Anakin, but your negative emotions was getting the best of you. 

You let out a shaky breath when suddenly a sense of calmness overtook you. 

Please stay calm, ____. 

Anakin's voice echoed in your mind. 

You were confused. Was that just you hearing things or did Anakin really say that to you? How was he able to?

You decided to ask him about it later and focus on the race and staying calm. 

~

Anakin caught up with the other racers. He raced through the opening of a mountain range and zigzagged his way through the rocks. Anakin was oddly calm in this pod race. He always had some nervousness in previous ones, but in this one he was calm and collected. But, he did feel your anxiety. 

He wasn't sure if it would work or if you would even feel his calmness, since you two only seemed to be able to feel each other's feelings when you both were near each other. 

But he projected his calmness and hoped you were able to feel it. 

Please stay calm, ___. 

Anakin thought as he focused in on the race. He and the other racers exited out of that rock mountain range and was in an open dryland area with a bunch of boulders scattered around. 

Anakin easily passed a few racers and was getting closer to the lead when they were entering a cave of some sorts. It was dark, but Anakin still could see. He was closing in on another racer, who just distracted by this and crashed into the roof of the cave. The explosion of the clash gave Anakin push that made his pod go even faster as he exited the cave and into another canyon area. 

In the distance, Anakin hear some Tusken Raiders and they began to shoot at Anakin and the other races. Anakin dodged each and every shot that was fired at him. 

~

You stared at the screen as the announcers informed everyone that were was Tusken Raiders that are camped out at the canyon. You remained calm, mostly because of Anakin's calmness, as you watched him dodge the Tusken Raider's attacks 

You watched as the racers came back to the starting line. Sebulba was in first place, along with a bunch of other racers. But no Anakin. You knew he was close though, because you felt his presence get stronger. 

"Look. Here he comes!" Padmé said. The announcers made a note that Anakin was quickly moving up the ranks of the race. 

You smiled as you watched Anakin zoom by you all. He had a look of total concentration on his face. He has two more circuits to complete, but you had full faith in him.