Late Octuber

Late october 2015 I was 8 a only child I had a dog named tank and two cats smoky and dustbunny my father was a drunk and I had an abusive step mom named Anna. To be honest I couldn't remember a time he was not drunk after he had met Anna. One night my dad tuked me in for bed because I had school the next morning but something told me I would not be getting any sleep till sunrise. Dad was drunk like ushewel even though he always was he still was a great dad it was just when Anna came home when my life took a turn. When she came home I wanted a few minutes until I came here arguing it was a daylee so I wasn't surprised shortly after I began to hear glass breaking screaming. My ignorant 8 year old self went down stairs I was curries about what was happening as i turned the corner i saw dad pining anna to the floor in between were the living room and kitchen met dad had a smile that went ear to ear he swung his head forward before colliding with anna's face I heard a sharp crack as a puddle of blood formed by her head at this point I was regretting all life choices I was screaming and crying anna was screaming and dad was laughing with the same smile crossed his face I ran upstairs taking my blanket and curling into a ball under my bed after a while I heard sirens and it all went quiet I heard footsteps going torres m room it was my grandfather that night I spent the night staring up at the ceiling remembering every small detail throw out the night.