chapter five

The Quidditch Match.

That's all anyone was talking about, including yourself. You were currently in the Gryffindor common room with Fred, while George and Lee were on the other side of the common room, talking to some first years they came across. You could only guess by the looks on your classmates horrified faces, they had some tricks up their sleeve and were most likely pulling a prank.

"I just can't believe it, Ev!" Fred said, for what was the hundredth time now in the past five minutes. "Your whole life without Quidditch... It's just," he ran his hand through his now tousled, fiery hair. You chuckled, seeing him in dramatic state over a sport.

"Fred!" You groaned shaking your head. "It's fine, its not that big of a deal, honestly I-"

"Ev, you're out of your bloody mind if you think that's okay. You have no idea what you've been missing! Look," he leaned closer to you from the opposite couch beside the fire, his elbows on his knee pads from his quidditch uniform, looking straight at you now. "Come to the match today, and I'll prove it to you." He voiced to you in a really gentle tone, which surprised you, being he was very loud a few seconds ago.

You could have sworn a blush covered his cheeks, but you blinked the idea away, assuming it was the mix of the morning light and the fireplace. You were secretly getting butterflies however, because he just invited you to his match. Do friends do that? You were sure of it, but something in your head made you think about him differently. You started quickly thinking you shouldn't go, having the lack of knowledge. "Fred, I don't know anything about quidditch, besides that it's a sport for wizards. I don't know if I should go..."

"No, you're definitely coming!"

"Fred, I-"

"You're going, sorry."

"Fred, listen—"

"Actually, I'm not sorry."

"Merlin's beard, I'm—"

"Or, I am not going."

"What? Fred, why?"

"Because I want you there."

You froze at this. He wanted you there? You looked at him, currently giving you the same cocky smirk he gave you when both first met. You smiled brightly, touched at someone appreciating you. "Fine, Weasley... I guess you win this one. Teach me the rules and basics, and I'll be there today."

He stood up excitedly and pulled you up by your shoulders, "That's my goof! C'mon, it's not too hard. You'll know it all under an hour, guaranteed!" You laughed as he grabbed your arm, and pulled you off the couch, through the portrait hole door.

- - -

Surprisingly, Fred really did teach you everything under an hour, and you were now walking with Neville to the Quidditch pitch, when you heard your name. You looked to see your red-headed friend, peeking out from the Gryffindor tent, a smile on his face, just like every other day. "Ev, Merlin's beard, you're finally here! About time, we're about to start. Hurry up to the stands, try to get in the front so I can see you clearly!"

"Sorry, Fred!" You yelled towards the tent. "I couldn't find Neville, but I'm headed up now! Good luck out there!"

He gave you a finger made salute, and walked back into the tent. You and Neville climbed to the top of the Gryffindor stands, and found Ron, Hermione, and even Hagrid. Everyone was yelling, and cheering, you even saw Lee Jordan next to your head of house, Professor McGonagall, in the teachers stands, with what you assuming was a wizarding megaphone of sorts.

"Welcome, to the first Hogwarts game of the season! Today's game: Slytherin vs. Gryffindor!" Lee's voice was echoing off the stadium's towering stands. Everyone screamed, waving flags, clapping and jumping, so you clapped yourself. You saw Fred floating on his broom, and he seemed to be looking for something, and when he spotted your happy figure, he gave you his goofy smile along with a wink, and you waved back excitedly.

Then it hit you, he was looking for you.

Before you could think about that more, the game started. You quickly understood the hype about quidditch, and why Fred was so shocked at your lack of it, quidditch was bloody fantastic! Before you knew it, you were screaming yourself. You yelled in excitement as Fred hit a Slytherin with a bludger, he cheered and pointed your way in the stands, and you along with the other Gryffindors chanted his name, as only you pointed back at him.

The happiness didn't last long.

Harry started moving on his broom, and the stands erupted again. It suddenly became an abnormal flight pattern, and it looked like Harry wasn't in control. "Hagrid, look!" You pulled on his giant coat, to tear his eyes away from the goalposts. He looked to you and then followed your eyes,

"What's going on with Harry's broomstick?" He asked in a nervous shock. You turned to Neville, his eyes as wide as your own.

"Neville, does this normally happen?" your voice shaking. He turned to you slowly,

"Evalynn, I... I've never seen this before." He said exclaimed, jaw dropping.

Your insides curled, you had to do something, but what? It seemed luck was on your side, because Harry all of a sudden had regained control, and zoomed off.

You cheered and screamed beside Neville and Hagrid, "Go, Harry! Go!" Harry was going so fast it as difficult to see, he dove down and took a tight turn, standing up on his broom, slowly. You gasped with all the other students in the stands, especially the Gryffindors, who started screaming louder. Harry dove forward and smashed into the ground. You let out a personal gasp of your own, and ran to the front of the stand with Neville, as close as you could.

Harry's body was lurching forwards, "Oh my... is- is he okay?" You asked aloud.

"It looks like he's gonna be sick!" Hagrid announced from behind you.

Unexpectedly, a golden orb shot out of Harry's mouth, and Lee Jordan's voice boomed over the stadium, "HARRY POTTER HAS CAUGHT THE SNITCH, GRYFFINDOR WINS!" You screamed so loud along with the others, that you couldn't hear another thing. Not a boo, from a slytherin or a huff from the teachers or other players. You saw the players landing and the echos from the stadium turned into a chant.

"GO, GO GRYFFINDOR! GO, GO GRYFFINDOR!"

You saw Fred land and his eyes met yours and he waved you over to come onto the field. You dashed away from your place in the stands, all the Gryffindor's behind you and charged onto the field with them all. You saw Fred again, arms wide open, and you ran to him jumping into his arms. "I told you, Ev! I told you!" He yelled over the screaming crowd, spinning you around. "I'm guessing you loved it as much as I'd hoped?"

He set you down and you smiled ear to ear, "More than that I think!" You screamed, over the cheers.

"Everyone! To the Gryffndor common room, it's time to celebrate!" shouted George, from somewhere around you.

Immediately you started getting trampled on and was squished up against Fred, he laughed at your struggles and you looked up at him, playfully glaring. He swung you around strongly, and you ended up on his back.

He walked like that with you all the way to the common room party, the both of you chanting happily with the team, as he danced with you on him, you holding him tightly, making you laugh until your sides hurt.