chapter six

Some time had passed since the brilliant first Quidditch game of the season, you were currently with Fred and George in the Great Hall. The season changed and it was much chillier now, the Whomping Willow tree was now even turning orange and even had some leaves falling off of it. Today was Halloween, and the massive feast in front of you was the best yet to come.

"Hey, Ev. Pass me that caramelized apple, will you?" Fred asked you, gesturing to his plate, already mounted with sweets.

"You really are going to upset your stomach at this point, Fred." You told him as you grabbed, the bowl of apples so he could pile more treats onto it.

"Nah! Halloween one of the most wicked times of the year, Ev. My body is ready for this, trust me... I've trained for this moment." He added dramatically, puffing out his chest.

"Oh please, don't start with that!" You said playfully with a laugh. He stared at you as tucked your hair behind you ear, and you tried not to smile, which made him chuckle. "But, I do need some sweets myself, you've brought that to my attention." You said, and began to fill your own plates with the sweetened delights, causing Fred to laugh again.

"Do muggles gather for Halloween?" He asked, making conversation.

You nodded, "Yes, actually. It's not really a super celebrated holiday though. All muggles do is have their children dress in costume of their choice, and the others and adults hand out candy for them to collect. It's nothing like this feast."

Fred nodded his head, made a 'huh, interesting' sort of face, and you spotted the pumpkin pasties on the other side of the table from over his shoulder. You already knew the levitation charm from Professor Flitwick's class, so you went to pull out you wand,

But it wasn't in your pocket.

Panic struck you, where was it? Did someone take it? You whipped your head around the table, scanning. You heard sounds from close proximity to you, but you couldn't comprehend it, not until a hand grabbed yours squeezing it, taking you out of your trance.

"Evalynn. What happened?"

Fred was staring at you dead in the eye, examining the worried expressions you performed. You new your face was flushed from fear, and because his gaze was on you, but you weren't sure why that made you flustered.

"I... I think I lost my wand, and I can't remember where I was last."

"Oh, you were in the library, Ev." He said casually, letting go of your hand to dig into a small danish with his teeth.

"That's ri-" you paused at this, "wait, how did you know I was in the library?"

He swallowed and looked at you with a soft, genuine smile. "I remember everything about you." You blushed, and you thought it would be noticeable, but he never said anything.

"T-thanks." you took a deep breath to regain some composure. "Well, I'm going to run there to grab my wand, and I'll be back. Save me a pasty please, I'm dying for one! The sweets here are so much better than the way muggles do it." And with that you got out of your seat and ran off to the library, leaving Fred smiling to himself, and George now whispering to him from the opposite side of his body you were next too.

The Library wasn't too far from the girls bathroom, which was at the end of and the long hallway. You saw who you thought was Hermione entering it, and you didn't think too much of it, besides the fact you didn't see her much today. You entered the library to find it was completely empty, and you saw the long table in the center of the library, and your two textbooks with a wand were in the middle of it.

Your wand.

'Oh thank goodness!'  You began to walk towards the middle of the long table, and you felt to room shake slightly, along with a thunder crash and some lightning. You jumped. 'I've never felt thunder so strongly before.' You weren't thinking much of it until it happened again, when no thunder was present.