Chapter One: Retirement

Disclosure Notice: I am not affiliated with any of the celebrities used in this purely fictional story. I do not own any photos used in this fictional story. I do reserve all writing credits for this fictional story.

May 31, 2022
11:34 am
Tulsa, Oklahoma

"Robyn, you have to cater-corner the damn sofa....NO. Just put it down", the stressed woman yelled at her older sister. The two sisters hadn't even made much progress with the boxes, so Solána couldn't understand why her sister insisted on moving the furniture.

Robyn rolled her eyes carefully sitting her end of the furniture down on the concrete. She hopped over the arm of the sofa popping a squat on the couch. She was excited for her new move, especially after her uncle announced he would be retiring. Robyn was excited she was his first pick to take over his position at Tulsa's local newspaper company.

"We could've just waited for my boyfriend, he's literally on his way", Robyn heard making her look up at her sister.

"My bad Solo...i'm just excited to get into my new house", she told her sister as the woman sat down next to her. Robyn nudged her younger sister causing the woman to swat her hands away.

"I don't know where your fingers have been dingbat", Solána retorted playfully making the older woman roll her eyes.

The two women were not biologically sisters but their parents had been married since they were toddlers. Neither could be told otherwise about not being biologically blood. They were inseparable, which is why Solána was completely torn when her sister originally left Tulsa to live in Newark. But since Robyn was back they had a lot to catch up on.

"Soooo...what happened to your lil' girlfriend Robyn", Solána asked which made her sister give her a side eye. Robyn clicked her teeth hoping her sister's boyfriend was pulling up so she could avoid answering any questions about her girlfriend. When she realized the man still hadn't arrived she knew she had to talk about out because her sister would keep annoying her about it.

"She upset I moved back here, after I told her like seven months ago that I was. I guess she was hoping I changed my mind but she was living in her own world by being delusional. She doesn't want to talk to me right now, but I hope she can come to her senses and be reasonable", she said making her sister's ears perk up. Solána was not too fond of Robyn's girlfriend, Teyana. Her sister said the woman always acted weird towards Robyn.

One reason Solána said this was because Robyn had told her that Teyana would sometimes randomly blow up on her. Not only just blow up on her but constantly make her friends believe Robyn was the reason Teyana didn't come around them. Some even assumed Robyn was a cheater when that was furthest from the truth.

"I don't see why you even still with her Rob, I mean y'all like states away and it don't sound like she really cares about your goals. Not that she's a bad person, but y'all are on two different wave lengths. It's okay to let go because people do grow apar-", Solána said but before she could finish the taller woman cut her off.

"I really appreciate the concern Solo, but im a big girl. I can handle myself and Teyana just needs time to herself. She's done some shady things in the pass but we're working on it", Robyn clarified.

"Well let me ask you this and then I'll leave the topic alone, if y'all are working on the relationship problems...why isn't Teyana here with you right now. Why isn't she celebrating this milestone with you. Do you really see yourself marrying her in the long run Rob", Solána pondered out loud to her big sister. Unnoticeable, the green eyed woman grimaced feeling a bit stuck.

She felt as if her brain was racked, out of a million thoughts she had at the moment, not one of them answered her questions. Luckily, her sister's boyfriend had just pulled up with a friend of his.