55- I'm Sorry

i wasn't planning on posting this today, but ur comments made me laugh on the previous chapter so here we go!!!

"That's the fifth time the cops were called on your mom's house!" Ashton exclaimed, putting his phone down.

Evelyn sat motionless, nodding just in repetition.

It was a disaster- her brother causing ruckus everywhere he went. He was damaging properties, getting arrested for so many things that she lost count.

Luckily, they had connections.

Luke entered the house, throwing his car keys and phone on the nearby table.

While he took off his coat to hang on a rack, he spoke.

"Alright well, Jack took care of the whole thing," Luke ran a hand through his hair, "He has connections to the PD, so it was easy to wipe Michael's record."

Evelyn gratefully nodded, words not able to leave her mouth.

Ever since Michael had slurred to him those words, Luke was off. Everyone knew it, but only Ashton knew why. He was the only one there when Michael had told him the only solution was to break up with Evelyn.

He refused to tell anyone anything else.

"Hey Eve," Luke called out softly, "Can we go to your room for a second."

She nodded, standing up and walking to her room. Luke followed after her, but was stopped by Ashton.

He grabbed his forearm, "Luke."

"Yeah Ash?"

There was a long pause of silence between them, the only sound in the house from Hailey and Kate quietly discussing amongst themselves.

He started, mouth open before closing once more. Finally, Ashton spoke, "Make sure you think."

Luke narrowed his eyes, nodding slightly before turning around. Somehow, Ashton just knew what was on his mind, no matter the circumstance.

He walked down the hall carefully, entering the room right after her. A hesitated breath left his chest.

Evelyn sat down on her bed softly, tucking her legs underneath her as Luke entered the room after her.

Luke sat down next to her, running a hand through his hair. The girl leaned into his chest, listening to the soft heartbeat in his hard mass. He brushed his hand down her hair, slowly calming her in ways she could not be calmed by anyone else.

"You know I love you Eve," Luke started. She nodded, a soft smile on her face. It was the first one in forever. It almost broke his heart to see her, tired and in pain but smiling just for him.

"I love you too." Her soft was quiet, a whisper.

"And," He started, hesitating before continuing, "You know I'd do anything for you. I always have your best interest in mind."

Evelyn slowed her eyes, turning to look at him with her eyebrows slightly furrowed and confused. Her eyes were still puffy from the constant crying, though it was calming.

"Yeah- Luke what's going on?"

He took a breath, taking her hands into his. Luke squeezed them momentarily, before looking up.

Just do it.

This is gonna fucking hurt, Luke thought to himself.

"I don't think we should be with each other anymore," Luke rambled quickly, waiting for her reaction.