21

"and here we are," kook announced. pushing open the door, we went inside and were immediately greeted by one of the waiters he knew.

it was days away before the new year kicks in, and kook decided to bring and introduce me to his circle of friends.

honestly, people not close to us would probably wonder as to why kook and i are almost always together. even i don't know the answer to that question. one thing for sure, i do enjoy his company.

"stay close to me," he said, as we approach a group of company seated at one of the best tables at the back of the room.

a familiar face immediately jumped up when he saw us being ushered toward him.

"oh, you're with lisa again?"

he smiled warmly at me, as he hugged kook. he then whispered something to him, which led to kook smacking the back of his head.

"lisa, you remember si hyun, right?"

i remember his face yet i can't pinpoint his name. only when he introduced himself as the guy in the arcade playroom did i recall who he was.

si hyun introduced me to the other guys, who probably are kook's friend too. they all looked relaxed and easy going.

"i'm having a bellini," si hyun said, "what would you like, lisa? kook?"

i said, "i'd love a bellini too, and why don't you have one, kook?"

"i will. that'd be great. thanks, si hyun," kook said.

once geoff had ordered the drinks, his other friends started questioning me.

"so, are you dating kook?" the guy asked, his tone was as astonished as his face.

i was startled by the question, and kook looked as if he was too.

he cleared his throat before claiming, "no, not a date. just ... company."

no, he said to them when asked if we're dating. i suddenly remembered how my unnies tease me, planting in my mind how kook likes me. guess they're wrong.

i already knew this somewhere deep inside, yet i don't know why hearing him say it hurt, especially the cold and confident way he said it, like it was a joke or something. he could have softened the blow, even just a little.

why would he even get really close and lead me into something, only to pull back at the last second? the whole flip-switch thing are starting to do horrible things to me.

do i like jungkook?

i honestly don't know, and my head is pounding thinking about it.

"then if you're not an item, can i start dating you now, lisa?"

the guy was about to hand out his phone, yet kook immediately blocked his attempt. he grabbed his phone and threw it back at him.

"yah jeon jungkook, it's not even your number i'm asking for!"

there he goes again with his protective act.

"what?" he asked, "it's in their company policy to not give out their numbers to random dudes."

the guy looked at me, to which i nodded in response. kook was speaking facts, but damn can he back out of it? i know what to do and what not.