𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟎

────── ♫♫♫ ──────

────── ♫♫♫ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟎
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄

────── ♫♫♫ ──────

After hanging out with Julie and going over the song they were performing tonight, Lexi felt a bit more confident as she said goodbye to her curly-haired friend before making her way across the street to her house. Once she closed the front door behind her, she raced upstairs to her room to get ready for the dance that night. She pushed her bedroom door open and placed her bag on the floor before connecting her phone to her speaker. Music filled her room as a small smile formed on the girl's face before she made her way into the bathroom to begin to get ready for the dance.

As soon as she was out of the shower, Lexi blow-dried her hair and put it up in a high ponytail before covering her face in light makeup, something she never really did. When she was satisfied enough with how she looked, she made her way back into her bedroom to find her mom and Cami having a hushed conversation as they riffled through the younger teen's closet. The Daniels girl watched the two women with confusion in her eyes for a long moment before clearing her throat and drawing their attention to her.

"What are you guys doing?" Lexi asked while pausing the music that was emitting from her stereo before turning her full attention back to her mom and Cami, "and why do you have such determined looks on your faces?"

"Flynn told us that you were playing at the dance tonight so we wanted to help you get ready," Rachel said while scanning over her daughter before her brown eyes came back up to meet Lexi's matching ones, "makeup looks good but we're gonna need to do something different with your hair. What do you think, Cami?"

"Totally agree," the older teen responded as she turned around to face her boyfriend's younger sister, "I also might need to run home to grab something for her to wear because nothing here is comeback ready."

Just as the Daniels girl opened her mouth to respond, Ryder opened the door before catching the pleading look Lexi sent his way. A small smile formed on the older boy's lips before a chuckle escaped him as he crossed his arms over his chest while leaning against the doorframe. "I'm not helping you out of this one, Lexa. I only came up here to tell you that Dad wanted to talk to you before you left with Julie."

The only response the Daniels boy got was a glare from his younger sister, causing another laugh to escape him before he fled the room with Cami following after him to find clothes that were more suitable for the night. As soon as the two older teens were out of sight, Rachel forced her daughter back into the bathroom before ordering her to sit down in the chair that the older redhead brought into the room so she could fix her hair. Lexi watched Rachel pull out a curling iron from the cabinet before plugging it in and working her magic.