Chapter nine

Megan's pov:
A week had went by since the argument with vinnie and I think we seemed to be better now, we were being more honest with eachother. Well.. he was with me anyway and we were getting along like normal.
I'd seen him a few times through the school week but I had to catch up with a lot of homework so I couldn't see him everyday and that was kinda good for me considering I had to hide they secret feelings I had. Who knew one kiss could do so much?
I placed my phone on my bed and pulled my dress from the bag it was in after going shopping for something to wear for my birthday, I was turning 18 tomorrow. I couldn't tell anymore if I was excited with all of these emotions but I was scratching to know what my mum had planned, she told me she had a surprise and I felt like a child begging her to tell me, I got nowhere though.
"Hey, are you staying over tonight?" I spoke to vinnie over the phone and after telling me he won't be long I ended the call waiting for him while I red my book.
After 30 minutes went by he hadn't arrived yet so I decided to try on my dress instead of waiting for him to get here and I slipped into the material perfectly I smiled brightly feeling comfortable in it which was unusual for me. I didn't like wearing dresses but this one was amazing.
I looked into the mirror at my reflection and felt impressed by the fit, it hugged my body nicely showing off my curvy hips. I was also glad to see the dress wasn't to baggy over my chest me being flat chested and all.
This was the dress:

It was over the top, I knew that, but I loved it and it was my 18th

It was over the top, I knew that, but I loved it and it was my 18th. I feel like it's a good occasion to for a dress like this especially when it was the first fancy thing I had wore that felt comfy.
"Woah" I turned around to see vinnie with his jaw to the floor and I smiled wildly being satisfied by his reaction.
"You likeee" I twisted around in it and then giggled walking towards him.
"You look amazing" I felt my cheeks flush at his compliment but quickly hid my face before he could notice and then I saw the bag in his hands.
"What have you got there".
"That's for me to know" vinnie held it behind his back and then smirked mischievously causing me to roll my eyes before hitting him playfully.
"I'll be back" I head into the bathroom and change back into my normal clothes hanging the dress up safe in my closet.
"I can't believe your gonna be 18" my bestfriend sprawled across my double bed leaving only a small space left for me to lay down with him and I smiled as he placed a hand to my arm resting it there.
"I know. It's crazy" I sighed and then suddenly felt myself frown as my mind started to trail off to my dad.
"What's wrong?".
"I don't know" I shrugged sitting up and vinnie followed doing the same.
Like he red my mind he spoke up.
"Your dad will come around" he smiled at me reassuring me that my father still loved me even if he didn't show it and I found it hard to believe.
How could you leave your own daughter for a woman who hated me and was young enough to be my sister, he really fucked up with that one.

The day went by quick and with my mother being out all day she finally came back at 9pm with loads of shopping being more giddy than me about my birthday.
"My little girl is growing up so fast" she spoke as she put away all the food for tomorrow and before me and vinnie headed up to bed she hugged me tight telling me how proud she was of me. I smiled through it all and then kissed her on the cheek saying goodnight as vinnie waited by the door.
I jumped under my duvet and snuggled up to my bestfriend as he placed another blanket over the top of us, he was so cute.
"Goodnight" he yawned wiggling his arms underneath my body and in return I placed my hand to his chest laying comfy beside him.
"Goodnight" I whispered as my eyes fluttered closed...