Chapter fourteen

Megan's pov:
I pulled out my money handing it to the lady passing me my coffee and when I smile turning to reach for the door I catch a familiar face in the corner of my eye.
"Hey" Luke stood up from his chair and shoved his hands into his long beige coat while he welcomed me with his warm dimples, they're so cute.
"Hi, how are you?" I looked down to his table and saw a plate holding a brownie with a latte to the side.
"I'm good. I was actually going to leave for Noah's after my snack" he took his seat and then gestured for me to sit too in the empty chair facing him while he ate his brownie.
"You two are good friends then?" He swallowed then wiped the corners of his mouth before replying.
"Yeah, I've known him a while, and you?".
"He's good friends with vinnie, vinnie hacker. If you know him" I shrugged not knowing if I was asking or not.
They didn't seem to know eachother at that party, vinnie asked who he was.
"Yeah I know him..he doesn't like me much" Luke coughed into his arm and then placed his fork to the plate finishing it off.
"Oh" we sat in silence for a minute until the door opened to the coffee shop causing us both to look.
"Speaking of the devil" Luke rolled his eyes playfully with a grin slightly showing his dimples and I fake smiled seeing vinnie walking in with that woman from yesterday. I hadn't seen him in a while and it seemed so weird, he seemed different in a way.
"Are you ok?" Luke must've noticed the way I tensed up when my bestfriend walked in, well my ex bestfriend I'm guessing, and leaned forward looking into my eyes.
This distracted me.
I focused on him all of a sudden not noticing vinnies presence near me as Luke's blue eyes made me fan girl in my head, ugh I'm so weird.
He laughed and then tilted his head with a playful dent in his cheek deepening as he pulled out his phone.
"Your number?".
"Pardon?" I zoned out but then brought myself back into the conversation.
"I would like your number, if that's ok?" I giggled slightly and then nodded putting my number into his phone.
He watched me the whole time as I tapped each digit and then when I passed it back he saved me in his contacts as 'Meg'.
"I'll see you in school I guess. We are starting back on Monday" Luke stood up and I nodded with a smile before he paid for his bill then left walking into the snow.
I sat there at the table for a bit deciding whether I should go up to vinnie while I had the chance but I got put off it when I suddenly got a text from him.
We need to talk.
I looked over to his table and he leaned back before taking a sip of his drink while the old woman spoke to him, he wasn't paying attention at all as he stared back though.
"You finished miss?".
"Oh..yh thanks" the blonde waitress held the plates in her arms and walked off out of my way to see vinnie still keeping his eyes on me.
Should I leave?
I stood up and opened the door feeling the Icey air hit my face while I stepped out into the thick snow.
The door opened once again behind me and I could feel vinnie following me as I walked over to the park across the road then I took a seat at the bench.
I wiped down the wood multiple times with my gloves to try make a dryer surface to sit on but I eventually gave up as I just sat over my coat to keep my ass from getting wet.
"I like your hair" vinnie spoke up and I didn't look at him until he wrapped a finger around a strand of my hair.
I'd had more blonde through it and had a trim, it wasn't much but he seemed to notice.
"Thanks" I finally let my eyes meet his and they seemed so empty, kinda like the way I was feeling.
"I'm sorry I didn't contact you" he looked down to his feet and then placed his hands into his knees, he was nervous. Why?
"I was going to eventually I just didn't know what to say".
"I waited for so long and you didn't even come to your door" I bit the inside of my Lip feeling as nervous and I didn't think it would be this hard for us to see eachother again, we were both so lost.
" we can figure it out and sort what is gonna happen between us" my stomach twisted when he said 'us' and I wanted to so badly do that, I wanted there to be an us where we can both be together.
"You know there's no going back after any of this now, we can't be friends anymore.." Vinnie searched my face after the words came out of my mouth and I couldn't tell what he was thinking, I wish I knew.
"Why are you being so selfish? You can't just decide we can't be friends anymore megan, we've been bestfriends for years" his tone changed and became more harsh when he spoke causing me to feel more anxious.
"It's complicated. It's too much to explain ok... I don't understand it" I pulled a lose thread from my coat and started to suffocate my finger.
"Explain".
"What?"
"If you don't want to be my friend and are just gonna drop me then I think I deserve that at least, an explanation" vinnie leaned forward onto his knees turning his body to face mine and I could see him starting to get annoyed. This boy is so inpatient.
I took a deep sigh and then pulled my legs up so I was cross legged onto the bench facing vinnie. He looked to my eyes waiting and I wanted to Speak but I was still thinking about it, what Could I possible say to him right now?
He stood up and was about to stomp off in a mood but I grabbed his hand pulling him back down.
"Don't go" I pouted and he sat back down rolling his eyes.
"I can't be your friend-"
"You've already made that clear" vinnie scoffs and then I glared at him causing him to Shutup so I could carry on speaking.
"I can't be your friend because..."
I tried to avoid eye Contact but I felt like I wanted to see his reaction when I told him how I really felt, how I've felt all along.
"I think I have-"
"I love you".
My heart stopped and my eyes were glued to his seeing his chocolate pools darkened.
"No you don't" I shook my head. "You don't vinnie" I laughed and kept repeating it. I didn't even know at this point who I was trying to reassure, him or myself. Vinnie didn't love me... my bestfriend didn't love me.