3

"Brr..."

The window was open. Ryuuko went to look outside of the window. Kotarou was clinging both of his small arms and legs to his big sister's leg.

"It's kind of windy, right, Kotarou?"

Ryuuko took an apron to wear and said, "Kotarou, I have to start cleaning up so you need to get off my leg. You'll get dirty if you cling like that."

Kotarou just nodded once as an answer. Ryuuko blinked twice, not knowing how to interpret Kotarou's nod.

Just then, they both heard a voice.

"You can't get in the way of peopwe's work, Kotawou-chan."

Ryuuko looked at the owner of the voice. It was Kirin with her giraffe.

"Kirin-chan!—" Ryuuko slightly bent her body to the toddler, "—What are you doing here so early?! Where's your mommy?"

"Right here."

Ryuuko got scared and shouted, "WAAH!!"

"Where did she come from?!" Ryuuko thought.

She turned to look at Kumatsuka-sensei and stuttered, "S-sorry, sensei."

"Don't worry about it."

They talked for a few minutes before the teacher asked Ryuuko for something. It was about Kirin. Apparently, Kumatsuka-sensei needed to be in the camping for the Drama Club

"Camping for the Drama Club?" Asked Ryuuko.

"Yes... We have to make sure the stage is absolutely perfect before the Morinomiya Drama Festival so I'll be staying overnight with the students.—" She put a hand on Kirin's head who was watching both ladies while conversing, "—Because of that, I won't be able to pick up Kirin this week. Please look after her."

Suddenly, she shoved a bag of what's looked like Kirin's necessitites into Ryuuko's hands.

Still, Kumatsuka-sensei was still talking.

" I asked the chairman if you could take care of her this week. You're really helping me out..."

"W-What? W-What?!" Was what on Ryuuko's mind.

Ryuuko went to the chairwoman's office. Usaida arrived and was looking after the kids. 

"Obaa-san!! What's this about me looking after Kirin overnight for a week?!"

With an expressionless face the chairwoman answered, "I'm sure I told you in the beginning that you'd be working as a babysitter all hours outside of classes. Are you complaining?"

Ryuuko was baffled and said, "N-No! I'm fine with that. If she's staying at sxhool then at least at night they would sleep together. For her to not seeing her mother for a week, poor Kirin-chan..."

"Did that girl cry and beg you to do something about it?"

"What?" Ryuuko was confused and said, "No, she didn't."

The chairwoman slammed her hand on the table and said, "Then there's nothing more to discuss."

Ryuuko was about to complain when she got kicked out already of the office.

When Ryuuko returned to the Day Care room, Kirin was wearing an apron and cloth on her hair. She was holding carrot toy and a knife toy. She looked at Ryuuko who entered the room.

"Ryu-nee-chan, whewe wewe you?!" Kirin asked with a slight frown.

"Eh?" Ryuuko was confused for a second.