Chapter 9

Hawk's pov

Praying I wasn't going to regret letting Mia choose my tattoo, I watch as she heads over to Rico and talks excitedly to him.

I see him laugh and nod and I start to get nervous.

They walk back over to me and Rico gestures for me to lay down on my back.

I look over at Mia as she pulls up a chair to sit next to me. "It better be good"

She winks at me, "Trust me, it's super badass. The most badass rainbow ever"

My jaw drops and I watch her break out in a fit of laughter.

I mock glare at her "Ha ha very funny, you're so dead if you're serious"

She raises a challenging eyebrow at me "As if you could take me down. If I remember correctly, you couldn't even land a single punch on me before I took you down"

I scoff "Like I said, I went easy on you"

I wince as the needle continuously punctures my skin. As my eyes started to drift down, she grabs my hand.

"Hey no looking until it's done, eyes on me" she orders.

I easily comply.

"I'm pretty sure going easy on someone doesn't mean not trying at all though" she teases.

I roll my eyes "fine, you beat me bad. is that what you want to hear"

She laughs the cutest laugh ever and I can't help myself but want to hear it again.

I look at my hand in hers and feel my heart start to race a little louder.

"Nearly done" Rico comments.

I watch her take a peek at my new tattoo and her eyes widen.

"Holy shit that looks awesome" she looks back at me excitedly.

"It better be" I respond, not being able to stand the wait any longer.

"...And it's done, go check out my masterpiece" Rico points to the mirror in the corner.

I quickly sit up and before I could make my way over to the mirror, my vision gets blocked by a pair of hands over my eyes.

"Nope not yet, we're gonna do a mini grand reveal"

I smile as she guides me over to the mirror. Feeling my hands start to sweat, nerves start to overcome me, and random guesses on what it could be flip through my mind.

"Ok 1..2...3... Open!"

Light floods my eyes as she removes her hands and I stare into my reflection in the mirror. My eyes flicker to my new tattoo and my jaw drops as I examine every inch of it.

"Holy shit it looks fucking sick"

-----------

Mia's pov

I stare in the mirror proudly as he continues to examine his new tattoo. I'm actually a genius for coming up with the Grim Reaper. It fits his whole vibe exactly.

He turns to face me "Thank you so much, I love it"

I smile "Of course, I told you you were going to like it"

"I have no clue how you came up with this, but you're a genius" he walks back to pick up his shirt and hands Rico a wad of cash.

Not bothering to put his shirt back on, we head out.

--

We pull up to the dojo and I stall the car engine.

"Give me your phone" I tell him.

He hands me his and I quickly input my number in.

He grins when he realizes what I'm doing.

"I had a really fun time with you today" he says

"I did too"

I watch him move to get out of the car but before he could, I stop him

"Hawk"

he turns back to face me.

Before he could say a word, I gently grab his face and lean in.

With my heart pounding in my chest, we share a kiss before I slightly pull away.

Taking his face in my hands, I run my fingers over his scar as he speechlessly stares at me.

"I think the scar makes you ten times hotter" I whisper

Lightly pushing his head away, I smirk "Bye Eli"

Dumbfounded, he silently climbs out and the second the door closes I drive away, laughing to myself at his frozen figure in my side mirror.

--

Later that night, I hang out at the roller rink with Tory during her break while filling her in on my time with Hawk.

"You did what?!" Her jaw drops.

I lightly laugh "It was like instinct, I didn't even know what I was doing until I was pulling away"

"Holy shit, I don't even know what to say" she stares at me in disbelief

"I can't believe he opened up to you like that too, that's so unlike him"

I debate something in my mind before responding. "Well I kinda opened up first"

I proceed to tell her what I told him of my past and the real reason why I moved here.

When I finish her eyes are wide and full of concern.

"Omg M, I'm so sorry, that's awful."

I brush it off, "It's fine. It was pretty attractive how vulnerable he was with me back though. It was like I was seeing Eli for the first time, not Hawk. Not to mention, his abs are gorgeous" I grin.

She rolls her eyes. "I just can't believe you got away with calling him Eli"

"To be fair, he was pretty frozen still from our kiss, so he might not have even heard me"

She checks the clock. "Crap, I have to get back to work, but be careful with him, I heard he was saying some pretty nasty stuff about Moon after they broke up and I don't want to see you get hurt"

Taking her words in, I nod for her to go "Yea don't worry about me, I gotta go home anyway to finish unpacking"

************
a/n: sorry if some of ygs are disappointed with the tattoo staying the same as in the show, I just wanted to stick to the storyline :)