Chapter 20

guys.. i'm so sorry for my disappearing act. i've been balancing a couple other things in my life and my motivation to continue writing the story kind of dissolved, but hopefully publishing this next chapter will help me get more back into it. please feel free to leave any comments, if anything those are what keep me going writing this. one last thing, updates might not be as regular as they used to be but i promise i'm trying love y'all!

Hawk's pov

Everyone stops and stares as Senseis Kreese and Lawrence face off.

I watch Sensei Lawrence's eyes flicker to Mia.

He directs his words at her.

"Why? Kreese was never your sensei. I'm the one who's been coaching you. Me. How could you do this?" he questions her.

Everyone turns to her including Kreese, awaiting her response,

Stone-faced, she responds icily, "I might not have been at today's fight, but the loss hit me just as hard as it did anyone else. If it wasn't for your change of heart and telling us to show mercy, Miguel wouldn't be currently fighting for his life."

"And if it slipped your mind, Kreese found me and brought me here, not you." she adds as a final blow.

I smirk proudly, holding my head up high.

I'm making this girl my mine.

-------------

Mia's pov

After my interaction with Lawrence, he and Kreese exchanged a couple of last words before he left and we continued our training.

It was brutal. I walk out drenched in sweat but excited to be taught by Sensei Kreese and attending our future trainings.

He tended to remind me of my uncle before he passed and his methods of training me.

I make my way over to my car, but before I could swing the handle, a warm pair of arms surround me and spin me around.

"Thought you could get away from me that fast did you" Hawk smirks.

My face breaks into a smile.

He bends his head down and gives me a brief kiss.

"Yea you're just so awful I had to get away as fast as possible" I respond cheekily.

He rolls his eyes lightheartedly and before he could respond, Kreese calls my name from the dojo.

"Donero! I need to speak with you"

I let out a small groan and reluctantly pull myself away from Hawk.

I make my way over to my new sensei.

"Yes sensei"

He studies me, "You and Hawk. I saw you guys just now through the window."

I feel myself start to turn red.

"Now, I know it's not my place to say anything, however, I need to make sure you won't be distracted."

My eyebrows furrow. "Of course not. No mercy." I emphasize the last part.

"Good. And what if Hawk were to say switch sides?"

Now I'm really confused. "He wouldn't do that"

"Oh but you never know. Hawk isn't as strong as you are. Sure he may act like it but everyone knows deep down he's still that softie he once was."

He continues.

"You're easily my best student and I just want to make sure your head is in the game, that's all"

I nod my head vigorously. "Don't worry sensei. Even if Hawk and I were opponents, my nature when I fight anyone wouldn't give two shits about who it is. No mercy." I reiterate. 

He nods and accepts my words.

"Good, good. You may go now."

We bow to each other and I turn around to head back to my Hawk.

I get to my car and Tory is leaning against it, waiting for me with Hawk nowhere in sight.

I shake off the small feeling of disappointment that he didn't wait for me. He probably had things to do.

"Ready to go?" I ask her.

She nods and gets in.

"What was Kreese saying to you?" she asks curiously.

"Oh nothing much he's just concerned me being with Hawk will distract me. He also seems to think Hawk might switch sides"

She scoffs. "That's not going to happen, Hawk's a cobra."

I nod in agreement.

I start to back out.

"Where'd Hawk go?" I question as neutrally as possible.

"Oh yea he had to leave, said he had something to do and to tell you bye for him"

I smile at her words.

She gives me a sideways glance.

"You're so into him"

I laugh and shrug. "and what if I am"

She shakes her head and rolls her eyes.

Feeling the need to broach the subject sooner rather than later I ask slightly concerned "How're you feeling? With the whole Miguel thing"

She hesitates. "I feel like it's my fault he's in there. I started the fight and he got caught in the crossfire. No matter how much I was mad at him for what he did to me, he doesn't deserve to be fighting for his life in the hospital right now" she admits.

"It's not your fault, sure you might have started it, but the Miyagi-Do's started to fight back so of course, it was only going to escalate. And besides, if what I heard was correct, it's Robby's fault, not yours. That kid is probably halfway to China by now to get away from the police." I reassure her.

She gives me a grateful smile.

"Hey do you wanna have a girls night tonight?" she shifts the topic.

"Really? You don't have work?"

"Nah not tonight, my boss let me have the night off" she replies

"What about your mom-" I begin to say.

She cuts me off. "Don't worry about it, it's under control for today, I just want to spend the night with my best friend. It might be the last time I get to in a while.." she trails off biting her lip.

I pause and turn to fully look at her. "Tor what's wrong what do you mean?"

She shakes her head. "Don't worry about it, I'll fill you in soon but for right now, we're gonna go in and you're going to change into something nice."

I raise my eyebrows as I park the car in my driveway.

"Why?" I ask suspiciously.

She rolls her eyes. "Stop asking questions and just do it, you'll find out soon enough."

Giving her a wary look, I follow her instructions and we head inside up to my room.