Chapter Four

Jeremih

Just when I had dodged the crash we would have had. I let out a sigh. That was close. Something about her stunned me. Her hair and skin tone. She looked almost white and plus that fragrance, it smelt expensive.

I stopped using the hoverboard when I got to the stage. I got down for Tito to ride. I connected the piano to play with it, it was something I did when I knew mum had her everlasting meeting. I was pretty sure Dad would have gone out to buy food because we were taking time.

"Hi Jerry," a girl said to me and came up to my corner.
I raised my brows at her and turned the switch on.
"I wanted to ask if you can teach me how to play the piano."

Typical girl that wanted to be around me. I knew their tricks. I wondered what was even charming about the boy Ugochukwu Jeremih Chibuike.
"Why does it have to be me?" I asked rudely. I could tell she was not expecting that but still tried to keep her smile on her face.

"You are the best pianist in the whole church," she said. "I promise just fifteen minutes. I want you to teach me the happy birthday song. I want to play it for my mum. Her birthday is this Friday."
I pressed my lips together.

"Okay."

She grinned and took a seat beside me as I got ready to teach her. I did not even want anyone to disturb me. I wanted to play FEM.

"I'm Fareeda," she said.
"I'm Jeremih," I replied. I didn't know why and I didn't mean to.

"Hi." Ezinne came to us. "Jerry, can I speak with you for a while?"

"Can't you see he is busy with me?" Fareeda said.
"Mind your business Fareeda," Ezinne snapped.
"I am!"

"Girls chill! Gimme five minutes Ezinne. I will be with you," I said.

"Okay fine." She smiled at me before leaving. She was charming but one thing that cannot draw me to her is because someone else (Andrew) likes her and I don't like getting into a fight because of a girl. Although Andrew and I still talked, we knew what was going on between us. Ezinne didn't but we did.

After I had spent a little time with the Fareeda girl, I went outside to where Ezinne was waiting for me.
"Hey what's up?" She didn't look like she just had a little argument with Fareeda.

"I'm okay. Sorry about the girl inside."

"It's okay. I know Fareeda, we are neighbors," she said. "I just wanted to ask why you and Lydia aren't talking to each other anymore. You've just been avoiding her and she does not let me talk about you in her presence," she said.

Oh, Lydia hadn't told her bestfriend she had broken up with me because of this new guy at the gym we went to together? Well...

"She broke up with me," I said.
She gasped. "Oh my God! She never told me. When? How? Why?"

"Ask your best friend."

"Ah ah now. You guys didn't have to. You were both perfect, now every girl will think you are a free space once they find out," she said.

"Did she come to church?"

"Yes, she is downstairs at the children's department. Helping Mr Godsent to share manuals for the children. Do you want to talk to her? I can convince her to listen to you," she said.

"Never mind. She won't even want to listen to me," I said. "I'm fine."

"But tell me Jeremih, when did this happen?"
"In June, after our NECO," I replied.

"That is so crazy I swear. And you've both been hiding it for two months? Ahh! Na wa!"

"Jerry let's go," Chantelle came to me. "Hi Ezinne," she greeted Ezinne before leaving.

"Bye though," she said to me and I left.

We got home and had garnished jellof rice with cabbage salad. Mum and Dad said they were going out so the six of us had the house to ourselves. I went to the big sitting room. It had been long I spent time there.

The sitting room was painted a moonlight blue and the floor tiles were black. Almost everything about that place was blue, even the TV stand. It had three air conditioners so it was freezing. It had the loudest speakers for a home and a sound proof tinted glass when you walked into the room. Even the sliding door was glass.

I dug my feet into the blue rug and reduced the temperature of the aircon. Ezinne sent me a text.

Wanna hang out at the Cinema tomorrow? I'm going to be alone tomorrow.

Sure.

Now I had to plan what to wear because always had trouble picking out clothes if I had to go out.

Hi guys, it's me again!
Please vote, comment and share🙏🏻❤️