Memories (pt. 3) - Dukeceit (Implied Logince/Prinxiety)

FEBRUARY 24TH, 2021

Sorry for not updating this earlier!

Remember to read the first two parts if you haven't already!
Some sort of warning (?): weird voices (marked with text like this (italics)) appear for a while. Also, real warnings: mentions of death/murder and strong language
Enjoy! 

P. S. Some of the dialogue is inspired by the following Twitter posts made by the user @/TheAngstDealer: https://twitter.com/TheAngstDealer/status/1363981761093521409?s=20 (about Roman getting more attention) and https://twitter.com/TheAngstDealer/status/1363971864939401216 (about Logan being the first one to accept Virgil

"I hate him."

"I know, Virgil. You've been saying this everyday for the past mon-"

"I hate him so FUCKING much!" Virgil said, slamming his hand on the table as he swore. Logan closed his eyes, sighing.

"I know," was all that the logical trait could say.

"He doesn't even know what he's done!"

"Which is fairly bad," Remus entered the room.

It has been a whole month since 'The Incident' and Ghostus' appearance, and Remus studied him close, even if from afar. He managed to track him by placing an object that looked like a ruby on his broken crown, installed cameras around the MindPalace, and interacted with him.

Remus changed. It was barely noticeable at first: stopped giving Thomas so many nightmares, stayed away from mud piles for a couple of days, managed to cook without setting the kitchen on fire once.

But slowly, his friends noticed bigger changes. He wasn't a goofy, careless man anymore. He couldn't be, he told them. He was the only part of Creativity now. He needed to be serious.

Thomas stopped having as many nightmares as before and became fairly more confident. Remus still had no filter, but now, it was for the better.

The green side also created a lab inside the back of his room. Instead of his previous bathroom, he decided to use Janus' - he needed a lot of convincing for that - who's room was next to him. He used the lab to study Ghostus and study ghosts, actually.

Logan became intruiged, but also worried. He was afraid Remus might try becoming even smarter and aim for his role - without knowing, of course - and create imbalance, but it wasn't the case yet.

Let's go back to what I was saying.

Remus entered the room, and because of his lab coat, special glasses, magnifying glass in the pocket of the coat, ash on his face and messy hair, Virgil and Logan could both tell he was coming out of his lab.

"Why's that?" Virgil asked, rather aggresively.

It wasn't something he could control and, again, it worried Logan. Ever since Roman's supposed 'death', everyone has been acting different, Remus and Virgil the most. Patton could be considered less happy, and Janus surely tried helping Logan around more, not to mention Ghostus being completely different compared to Roman, but those are things that we won't discuss right now. 

We won't discuss imbalance now. The worries will only come later on.

Remus raised his hands. "Easy, tiger."

He started pacing around the room, Logan watching him closely. "I've been studying him for so much you'd think I'd know. Well, I didn't realize until this morning, after noting down as much as I could about his memory," he turned to them, "that he only remembers: sad, angry, disgusted, disappointed, basically any negative memories in which he felt any type of bad."