Part 2 - Soccer star (⚠️)

I slowly open my eyes as my alarm blares into my ears.

How is it 7am already?

As I change into my uniform, I can't help but think about yesterday.

Does my head hurt because of Yacchan's books falling on me? Or does my head hurt because I'm the one falling [for him]?

"Hello? Can I come in?" I hear a familiar voice outside my door.

I shake my head, shaking my thoughts away with it.

"Yep! Just wait a second!" I say, as I quickly zip up my skirt and run to open the door.

As expected, it's Yacchan. He seems tired.

"Yacchan... did you sleep?" I ask him, glancing at the dark circles under his eyes.

"Um... maybe?"

I roll my eyes and open one of my pouches, pulling out concealer to cover the hickeys on my neck.

Yacchan just stands there, blankly staring at me.

"Are you okay?" I ask. I don't know him that well, but he seems to be acting kinda weird.

"Yeah!! I just stayed up late tidying my room!"

So that's what those loud sounds in the middle of the night were. I thought it was an earthquake or something...

"Trying to impress me, huh?" I joke.

Yacchan smiles a little and looks at his reflection in my mirror, realising his hair is untied. I hand him a hair tie, and he ties his bright orange hair into a single side ponytail.

I've noticed the people in this school have very... unnatural hair colours. Yesterday I saw two boys with BRIGHT pink and BRIGHT blue hair. Does everyone collectively dye their hair or something?

"Have you got your spikes?" He asks me. "You didn't forget that we have soccer training today, right?"

Spikes...?

I think for a second, until I realise what he's talking about.

I shake my head.

"Honestly Yana... do you even take soccer seriously?!" Yacchan says, almost angrily.

I think the lack of sleep made him grumpy.

He steps out of my room and unlocks his door. I follow him.

"Luckily, I take soccer seriously, so I happen to have a couple spares" he mutters under his breath, opening one of his draws to reveal a few scuffed pairs of spikes.

I'm pretty sure men's sizes are different to women's sizes... but then again, what other choice do I have? I hope he washes them often though...

I take the smallest pair and try them on.

They're too small? Ehhhhh?? Are my feet that big?

"Those are from a while ago, try the bigger ones" he says.

This time, I take the second smallest pair and try them on. They're a little loose, but wayyyyy more comfortable than the other pair.

"That'll do! Hurry up or we're gonna be late for homeroom!" he says, unzipping my sports bag and putting the spikes inside.

Are we late already? I guess I got the time wrong.

We scramble out of the dormitory area and to class 1D (our homeroom), hurriedly stuffing our bags into our lockers. We dart to the door, and see our teacher reading out the daily news.