1: PRISM IN ANOTHER WORLD

Dive Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game, also known as DMMO-RPG, Its a type of game where you can enjoy an imaginary world as if you were in it. Yggdrasil, released in 2126, it stood above all other DMMO-RPGs, due to its expansive map and unusually high player freedom, making it explosively popular within the country of Japan. 

Prism loved the game, loved the friends she made there, but not everything lasts forever, she always knew that it would eventually come, a date that would never be skipped, and it scared Prism.

She never really exited that room, locked in it by recommendation of the doctors and nurses, Prism was born with something irregular in her body, and they after many years of testing things out came to a conclusion, an all or nothing operation, Prism's parents couldn't pay her medical expenses forever, that society didn't work like that.

The girl was only 23 years old, and she knew that with 29% chance of success in the operation the odds didn't look good for her.

But one last time she entered the game, the game was starting to die down, 11 years of constant existence it was natural, but that didn't make Prism stop going there, she logged in late at night, nobody was there as everyone had works to do the next day, so she went around Nazarick.

Slowly exploring every corner of it, saying her goodbyes to the NPCs, the floor guardians, explaining her reason of departure, even though none of them talked, she didn't mind, she loved them all, they were the fruit of the work of her friends.

After saying her goodbyes to everyone, she went to the throne room, and sat down by the pillar where her flag was, her expressionless face looked everywhere, in the game one can't make facial expressions. 

Closing her eyes, she stayed there, it was morning already, she opened her eyes as the system message appeared, 'Momonga has joined the instance', Prism looked at the skeleton, sending an emoticon of a smile to him, "Hello, Prism-San. How have you been."

She got up, "Momonga-San... I have some bad and good news." She started, her eyes prickling from tear that were yet to be shed, he asked what it was about, theorizing that she died to some player, "You know about my condition right?" Momonga nodded, "In-" She looked at the time, "2 hours I will go to an incredible low rate of survival or success operation. The good part is if they succeed I will be completely healthy after some recovery, but if they don't."

The words weren't spoken, but Momonga knew what it meant, "Prism. I will be sure to inform the remaining guild members." He informed, his voice showed how unstable he was after hearing the news, "I will await your return." He said, certainty in his voice.

Prism let out a small laugh, "Yeah, I will be sure to return here." She sighed, "I need to go now, I will need to do some prep before the operation." She said, "I wanted to confess to Bukubukuchagama-Nee-San... I guess I will need to do after I return."

She saw as Momonga's skeleton hand rose from its position, showing his goodbyes, "I will see you again." He said one last time, Prism nodded at him, and logged off.

Momonga stayed there looking at that same spot Prism left, unspoken words coming out of his mouth, "It was nice having you with us, Prism."

Nurses assisted Prism in the preparations, ending it with her being completely knocked out with the meds, she hoped there would be a next time she would open her eyes.

And when Prism finally opened her eyes again, the scenario wasn't the gloomy hospital room- A forest, there was where she woke up, her surroundings weren't even close to any civilization, the skies weren't even dripping with toxins, Prism felt her face and noticed that there was not a mask, slight panic ran through her, but subsided right after, as she could breath just right, actually too well.