5: UNPLANNED VACATION

Some weeks passed, Prism was the first to get up from the comfort of her bed, she got used to the comfort a night's sleep brought her, after three years without sleep.

Her day was like any other, clean the emperor's office while he was still asleep, and start preparing breakfast, then head to his quarters and make sure he is awake and ready for the day, while passing the information that his breakfast was getting ready.

A noble's breakfast was full of various kinds of food, a royal's even more so. Prism finished the cleaning of the emperor and headed together with him to his office, where she sat at the sofa while the emperor worked. Her job was simpler then, just fetch him tea every 45 minutes, and remind him of his schedule.

Prism took a liking to reading in his company, she wouldn't be disturbed more than for doing her work, and she could gather as much knowledge as she wanted.

Jircniv didn't feel discomfort from being in Prism's presence, it was comforting in some way, he didn't have to bother himself in controlling his behavior, didn't need to mind etiquette, even his manners were lacking in only her presence, the only times she reacted differently was when it affected her normal reading and then he would focus more on the work he had to do, it was... A gauge of sorts, it would mean he was unfocusing of his work.

He once again noticed the actions of his maid, and like every other time she would get up and stand behind him, someone walked in, this time Loune Vermillion entered his office after a brief greeting.

Loune handed him some documents he had to deal with, together with some letters, and with that his secretary and scribe's work was done there, so after his  farewells he went to his work.

----------

Mr. Jircniv Rune Farlord El-Nix,

I was once again requested to invite you to our kingdom of Re-Estize, it seems my father cannot fathom that engagement between us is impossible and that it is the only means of peace talks between our nations.

I request that your excellency would refuse it again, even though it would be a nice chance to say it in person, I doubt it will come to that, remembering the last three servants you sent before.

The banquet is scheduled to be in the palace in two months time, on the mark of 13 days from my father's anniversary.

Awaiting your answer,
Renner Theiere Chardelon Ryle Vaiself

----------

Jircniv couldn't resist the tilt of his lips, he was definitely amused by the kingdom's 'Golden Princess', she obviously disliked the idea of their engagement, not that she was the only one, but still went with rude yet polite letters.

"A monster indeed." He mused, as he placed the letter on his table and took a moment to think about its contents. In the sofa in front of him his maid sat, grasping a tick book on her hands, "Tell me," He started towards the maid, "How long will it take you to get to Re-Estize?"

The maid didn't blink away from her book, "2 to 3 weeks." A short answer, he couldn't help but like that kind of response, right to the matter at hand without moving away in the slightest from the question.

It took him a moment to write something down, "I decided to give you a vacation." He couldn't help himself but quirk his lips up and squint slightly with glee as the maid's head snapped to look at him, "I'll give you two months. Head to Re-Estize, your vacation will end when I get there." 

Prism wanted to deny the request, but the moment she opened her mouth a letter was thrown her way, she knew then that she couldn't refuse, accepting the letter she let her eyes focus on the book she was reading, 'Life in a Kingdom', it was an history book about a kingdom that ceased to exist 200 years ago, maybe it would be of use somehow.