Chapter Twelve

~Episode Two~

*This chapter contains domestic and sexual abuse as well as drugs. There will be another warning before the sexual abuse portion of the chapter.*

"Your tea, my lady."

"Thank you," Grace replied bringing the teacup up to her lips.

"Do not drink that." A low voice came from across that table and Grace looked up confused to meet Elliot's eyes, "Elliot it's just tea-"

"We both know it is not just tea," He spat pushing out his chair and walking towards her, "It's murdering our child."

Grace did not lower her cup, "Elliot I-" He took her hand holding the cup, and slammed it onto the table making it shatter into pieces, one of which cut into Grace's hand causing her to cry out as her blood seeped into the cream-colored tablecloth.

"Do not call me that, you seem to think we are equal Grace, but that is most far from the truth, I own you. You do what I want when I want, nothing else."

Silence entered the room as Elliot stood fuming in front of her.

"Do you take me for a fool, Grace?"

She looked down not wanting to meet his eyes.

"Do you take me for a fool!" His hand slammed down once again onto the table startling her and Grace shook her head, "No, my lord"

"You don't think I see the herbs you put in your tea in the morning, how you excuse yourself to the bathroom after every time we have intercourse? Do you not think I realize these things!?" 

His hand grabbed her jaw clenching it between his fingers with a painful grip, "You have taken great advantage of my generosity, of my love, and I will have it no longer. Have I not given you the world, I saved you Grace and what do I get as thanks? A selfish bitch of a wife." He backed away from her taking the vase of flowers holding tulips off of the table and throwing it against the wall. 

He then turned back and pointed a thick finger at her, "Do not think for a moment longer these acts of rebellion will last. You will give me an heir, a son. And I don't care how it is done, I do not care if you scream till your lungs ache, You will give me a child. If it is the last thing you do."

Elliot was about to walk away when he paused at the door, his chest still pumping, "Tell me you love me."

Grace blinked for a minute, "El-" but before she could finish he was back to her in an instant, a  hand swept across her face making a horrible sound as it ricochetted through the room.

"Tell me you love me, Grace." He sounded out. Grace had seen Elliot angry plenty of times but he was rarely this violent. 

A soft tear fell onto the tender flesh of her cheek that had begun to bruise, 

"Yes, I do."

"You do, what?"

"Yes I do love you," She swallowed before continuing her eyes glistening and lifeless looking into his dark ones, "My lord."

--------------

Grace had spent the rest of the day in silence. Her heart seemed to drop in her stomach knowing hoe Elliot now knew all of her secrets. He would be leaving for Italy in a few days meaning he'd want to try again. And this time Grace would have no way to stop him.

They were supposed to go to a ball that night and even if Grace protested she knew it would be no use. She was all ready for it and waiting for the carriage she had not seen Elliot since he had hit her and the tension grew even if they were not in each other company.