The New Girl: Chapter 9

Outside the house, Kenny was sitting in his car after returning from his hangout with Roman and Cody. He sat there and looked through a few old photos he had of Kota. He tried his best to hold back the tears but he couldn't stop the pain that he felt in his heart. He opened his contacts and contemplated calling Kota. There were so many things he wanted to tell him, to explain to him.. but he couldn't bring himself to do it. He locked his phone and tried to wipe away his tears. That's when he looked in his rearview mirror and saw his friend Seth walking down the driveway.

"What the-?" Kenny asked himself.

Seth was trying his best to hurry back to his car before anyone saw him.

"Seth?" Kenny asked as he got out of his car.

Seth looked over in surprise when he saw Kenny.

"What are you doing here?" Kenny asked as he walked towards him.

"Me? Um.. I was just bringing Miz a book he left at school." Seth lied to him.

Kenny watched his friend for a moment with skepticism.

"Have you been crying man?" Seth asked suddenly.

"What? No." Kenny assured him.

Seth looked at his friend with sympathetic eyes.

"I've gotta get inside." Kenny told him before hurrying away.

Across town, Kota was making his last delivery of the night. He hadn't eaten since lunch at school and he was starving. Smelling all the pizza on the drive was certainly not helping his hunger. It wasn't until he pulled up to the address of the last delivery that he realized who's house it was. Kota sighed and looked out at the large, stone house. He grabbed the two boxes of pizza and began making his way up the driveway. Kota run the doorbell and waited with a frustrating look on his face. Suddenly, someone opened the door. It was Cody.

"Tweny two fifty." Kota told him.

Cody let out a small laugh and pulled out his wallet. He handed Kota a hundred dollar bill.

"Something wrong?" Cody asked in response to Kota's reaction.

"I don't have change for this." Kota told him.

"Don't worry about it." Cody said.

Kota looked up at him, trying to figure out what game he was playing.

"You know if you wanna reconsider tutoring me, I can pay a lot more than that." Cody told him.

Kota rolled his eyes.

"Wouldn't it be nice to stop working all those hours delivering pizza?" Cody asked.

"I told you I'm not doing it." Kota told him again.

"What do you make there? Ten? Eleven an hour? I can double what you make in a week and you'd be doing half the work." Cody offered him.

Kota stopped for a moment and gave Cody a curious look.

"I'm desperate here.. Just take the deal." Cody told him.

"Only under one condition." Kota said surprisingly.

Cody let out a sigh of relief.

"Of course, anything." Cody assured him.

"You have to leave my friends alone.. For real this time." Kota told him.

Cody furrowed his eyes in confusion.

"Your friends?" Cody asked.

"Yes, my friends. Alexa, Dean and Becky.. I want you to leave them all alone." Kota insisted.