Chapter Six

Five's P.O.V.

"Guys! I found something!" I shouted. I didn't care if I woke them from their sleep. This was important and could contain a clue that led to Anna's death. "Could you yell a little softer, Five? My head is hurting," Klaus sighed. "I don't care! I found something, and I think this will give us the answers that we need to get closure about Anna," We all gathered in the living room, and the others looked at me through their tired eyes as I showed them the notebook.

"Wait a minute. Am I hearing this correctly? You think that Anna left a note in this journal and that this might give us the answers we need to find out why she did it?" Luther asked. "I don't think Anna left a note in this journal, Luther. I know she did," I said with a hint of harshness. "I don't think we need to read this journal, Five. The answer to why she did it is obvious. She did this because she was a crazy drama queen who killed herself for attention!" Diego shouted.

I could feel my blood began to boil the moment Diego said those words. "Watch your tongue, Diego! Do not talk that way about her!" I snapped. Diego let out a small sigh and sat back down on the couch. "I'm sorry. I know you were close to her," he said as he buried his head in his hands. The others nodded at me, silently telling me to continue. "I've read a little bit of it. But I think it would be best if we read the rest together," I said as I flipped to the first page. "He's right. We'll never get the answers we need if we don't read this," Vanya nodded in agreement.

I looked down at the page, and the moment I saw Anna's handwriting, my heart started to ache.

*******

Greetings Reader, I'm Anna Hargreeves. Did you forget about me?  Of course, you didn't. Yeah, you didn't misread that. It's me, written in black ink. I hope those of you who are reading this are ready, because I'm about to tell you the story of my life. Specifically, why I ended it. And if my siblings are reading this. Your one of the reasons why I've decided to do what I'm about to do.

"Stop," Allison said. I looked up at her and saw that she was wiping a few tears from her eyes. "I can't do this. It's too hard," she sniffled. "Allison, of course, it's hard. It's diary entries from our dead sister," I sighed before continuing to read.

You may be wondering when your name is going to be mentioned in this story. Here's your answer. I'm not telling you. That would be too easy. If you continue to read this, your name will be mentioned, I promise. Now, I know two people are dead, and they're not going to be able to read this, but maybe a certain someone who knows how to talk to the dead can show it to them. But, without further ado, let's begin.

"She's talking about me!" Klaus said as I turned to the next ivory page. "Well, isn't that obvious?" Vanya said underneath her breath. "This is nuts. She's blaming us for her death?" Diego asked. He looked like he was ready to leave. But as he stood up, I glared at him, silently telling him to sit his ass down. "Only way to know is to keep reading,"

Now, who should I start with? I know, how about the guy who I had my first crush on? Yeah, I know it may seem a little incestuous, but it's not. My father adopted eight out of forty-three children around the world and formed us as The Umbrella Academy. I am one of them. I can move stuff with my mind. It's called telekinesis if you want to be fancy with it. In fact, I'm writing this using my mind right now. Because my body is too numb to write a single word.

As we got older, we were trained by our father to use our abilities. I would always hide in one of the hallways as my siblings were being tested. It was cool watching them, but there was one person who impressed me the most. Welcome to the story, Luther.

"Wait, Anna had a crush on Luther?" Klaus asked, his jaw almost dropping to the floor. I was surprised by this too. Hell everyone in the room was surprised by this. "It doesn't matter. We were kids, besides everyone has a crush when their young," Luther sighed. Allison looked at Luther with disbelief, and I knew that eventually, if the story continued like this, it would cause drama.

"Let me see that," Luther said, extending his hand to me. "Why? You want to read this?" I asked, still slightly confused. "It's about me anyway, might as well make the most out of this," Reluctantly, I handed it to him, worried that he was going to rip the pages out and rip them into small pieces. But surprisingly, he didn't.

I don't know what caused me to have a crush on you, Luther. Maybe it was the strong abilities. Maybe it was your sense of humor. Or, maybe it was the blond hair. I can't remember. But all I do know is that I was attracted to you. If my fellow siblings are reading this, then you all remember the day we stopped those robbers during a bank heist. The way Luther threw one of the men out of the building via one of the glass windows. I had no idea how strong he was until that moment.

After that, our father had dismissed us to our rooms, and as I took off my domino mask, I couldn't help but look over to your room to see you looking up at your poster of the moon. You looked over at me and smiled slightly before looking back at the poster. We hadn't talked to each other that much, Luther. But, somehow, I knew almost everything about you. Your favorite food, favorite movie, and even your favorite planet besides Earth, of course.

"Is she ever going to get the part where you did her wrong? This feels like a boring documentary," Klaus sighed. I shushed him and nodded for Luther to continue, it went on to explain how nervous she was the first time they had an actual conversation, and then we started to get into the depths of what he did to hurt her.

After dinner, you told me to meet you in the backyard when everyone was asleep because you had something you needed to tell me. I was excited because I had a feeling that you were going to tell me that you knew I was crushing on you and that you felt the same way about me. Even thinking about you saying those words to this day still makes a piece of my heart ache.

When father sent us to bed, I waited for an hour and a half to make sure that everyone was asleep. I passed the time by looking out at the stars and moon. I would glance over to the alarm clock every once in a while until I was sure that everyone was sound asleep. Then I put on my slippers and headed out to the backyard. You were sitting underneath the gazebo with a small candle in your hand, and when I entered, you put down the candle and embraced me.

My heart started to pound like mad, and I tried to calm myself down. Eventually, we pulled apart, and I said, "So, you said you had something to tell me?" You nodded and said, "Yes, I noticed that you've been looking at me constantly when we're not on missions," I didn't know how to respond to that so, I just stayed silent. "Anna, I think you're a great girl, but I only think of you as a friend and as an adoptive sister,"

My heart came to a screeching halt, and it felt like I was dying when you said this, "Besides, I already have a crush on someone," My eyes started to fill with tears, and I ran away before you had the chance to say anything else. Since that day, I couldn't look at you or even talk to you because it hurt too much.

Now, I know what some of you are thinking. "You did this because Luther broke your heart when you were kids?" The answer is no, because you don't know the whole story yet. But keep reading to find out more.

A/n: Yes, I know this chapter is similar to Thirteen Reasons Why. Some scenes were inspired by the show, So please don't attack me in the comments saying "This sounds like Thirteen Reasons Why," I am aware of this. But I hope you enjoyed this long chapter. Maybe the next one will be long as well, I'm not sure.