Chapter Sixteen

(Trigger warning, attempted suicide scene in the beginning. Look for bold if you want to skip the triggering scene.)

Five's P.O.V.

"Anna!" I called out as I ran towards that bathroom, where I saw that the door was closed. "Go away!" she called out from the other side. I let out a breath of relief when I heard her voice, but I wasn't out of the woods yet. I tried to turn the knob but, it was locked. So I teleported into the bathroom, where I saw Anna was crying into the sink, with a small box of razor blades at arm's length.

"Don't do it, Anna. Please," I begged, reaching out to touch her. "Don't touch me!" She snapped, slapping my hand away. Her eyes went wide when she saw me. "F-five, you came back," she barely whispered. "Yes, I'm here. But you need to give me the blades," I said as calmly as I could. Anna looked over at the blades and cried even more tears. "Five, it's too late. My life is over because of that bastard everyone is mourning downstairs!" she sobbed.

"It's never too late. I found your notebook the day after you died, and I went through it, and it broke my heart," I said, feeling the muscles in my throat begin to tighten. "Y-you found it? Tell me one thing you found in it," she quivered. I wiped away the tears that were forming in my eyes as I told her everything that I read in that book. From her heartbreak with Luther to the horrible torture our father had put her through. "Wow, I thought you would've stopped reading it after you read your story," Anna shook her head in disbelief.

I slowly walked towards her, but she backed away slightly. "Anna, I know you think your life is over, but it's not. You have so much to live for and so many people who love you and care about you," I whispered. She shook her head in denial and glanced back at the blades. "Name one person who loves me," she said as she continued to shake her head, refusing to believe a word I was saying. "I do. I love you so fucking much, Anna," I said as tears slipped down my cheeks. Anna looked up at me, and I looked into those beautiful blue eyes that I could get lost in.

"You really do?" she asked. I nodded, and I cupped her face in my hands. "Yes, I do. I was an asshole for leaving you. I never should have left. But I promise you, I will never ever leave you again. And I will do everything I can to help you get the help you need," I swore. Anna's eyes began to fill with more tears, and I pulled her into an embrace as Anna cried into my chest. "It's okay, let it all out," I whispered. We stayed in that embrace for some time, and I planted kisses on her forehead as she continued to cry.

When we finally managed to pull apart, I took the small box of blades and walked towards the toilet. "Let's start by getting rid of these," I said to Anna. I dumped out the blades and watched as they fell into the water, and I flushed them. I heard Anna let out a breath of relief as those blades disappeared and she fell to the ground. I got on the floor in front of her and pulled her closer to me.

(Triggering scene over)

After a moment, I gently lifted her chin so she was eye to eye with me. "I love you, Anna," I whispered. She smiled slightly and said those words I had been waiting to hear from her. "I love you too, Five," she whispered before her lips crashed onto mine. The kisses were full of emotion, and I was so happy that I was able to save her from her demons, and I was going to make sure that she got help.

When we finally went downstairs, everyone started asking questions about what happened and why I ran past them, and I looked over at Anna, who cried harder. I explained to them everything that happened. And I pulled out the notebook and showed them what Anna had wrote. "Anna, I'm so sorry. I wish I could take back everything I did," Allison choked up when they all finished reading the reasons.

The others nodded in agreement as Allison walked towards Anna and hugged her tightly. The others joined in, and we all held each other, crying together as we embraced her, silently thanking God that she was still here with us.

A/n: The next chapter will be a happier one! I know this story has been mostly sad and depressing, but I decided to write a happy ending for Anna and Five! It will either be released today or tomorrow. I hope you guys enjoy it!

With love,

Duskprincess89 💖☔