six

—

we say goodbye to buck and walk out to dals car. he's able to drive, and it would hurt less than him having to walk everywhere.

he sighs "where we off to?"

"my place first" i reply with a smile.

"no, that was apart of the deal. you won't make me socialize with anyone else."

"jesus dal, you can park around the corner if you'd like. i just gotta grab the supplies."

he shakes his head and we drive to my house. he parks around the corner like i said so that no one knows he's around.

i run inside and am immediately questioned. "you find dal?" pony asks "what's he been up to?" two asks next.

"um..." i'm not sure if i should say that i found him or not. i'll just say no for now. "nah, couldn't find him. but i'm gonna go to the park and paint, alright? i just want to be left alone for a bit" i half-lie and walk into my room to find my moms old paint set.

i pull it out of my closet and head back out the door without saying goodbyes.

i run back around the corner and back into dals car, holding the set on my lap.

he starts the car again, while looking at my paint set then back at me a couple times.

"the hell is that?" he asks with a funny look on his face.

"we're painting, dal. go to the park" i say, buckling myself.

he scoffs "god, you're pathetic."

"right..i'm the pathetic one" i say thinking about how he had gotten himself shot cause the only person he had let himself get close to, died.

"don't get wise" he replies as we pull around the corner, nearly to the park.

once we get to our destination, i grab his hand, pulling him up the hill with me.

i sit at the top, where the view is the best. the sun will set soon, and it'll be beautiful.

he pulls out a weed, lighting it with the pendulum around his neck.

i roll my eyes at him as i set out the paint set.

"sit" i tell him.

he doesn't argue, and he sits next to me where his small canvas and paintbrushes are.

as i pick up my brush, he does the same. he watches as i mix colors together, creating a deepened purple.