2. Plagiarism vs. Inspiration

When Rachel got off the bus her sister Elizabeth was waiting for her with her arms crossed, and a frown on her face. The older girl's foot tapped impatiently on the ground. "Why do I have to wait for you in order to type up my stories. I just wish momma would get me an electronic device I could use at school."

"Why don't you just use the school computers like I do? The school librarian doesn't mind the fact I use the school computers for writing my fanfics.

Elizabeth's nose wrinkled up as her brown eyes rolled back into her head. "Seriously Rachel... the only reason you got into writing fanfiction is because my friends and I are writing fanfiction. You're to little. All of your stories are childish, not to mention the fact they're boring."

"Just because you're not as creative as I am doesn't mean that you've got to be mean."

"Not as creative as you?"

"You know as well as I that my stories are getting more reviews then yours. You're just jealous." Rachel hurried past her sister and up the stairs.

"Hold on! I get to use the computer first! Not only do I have my fanfics to type up..." The door to the computer room slammed shut, and the lock clicked before Elizabeth could say that she also had homework to do. The other girl banged on the door. "Come on! Homework takes priority!"

"Liar! You don't have any homework. You just say that so you can sneak more time." Rachel's feet swung under the computer chair, and crossed each other as she turned on the computer. Her fingers then drummed against the desk as she glared at the screen. The computer finally booted up and she signed into her profile and headed to her favorite site for posting. She tried logging into her account, but a message popped up.

User and password does not exist.

Frowning she tried again until she slapped her hands down onto the keyboard. She headed over to her social media account and typed out a reply. "i can't log into my account. help!"

"contact support," one of her friends wrote.

Another person typed another message. "I went to check out your stories through the links you've provided, but your account is gone."

Rachel felt her cheeks heat up. "someone hacked my account and deleted everything. i didnt give out personal information or anything."

"contact the admins of site".

"how".

"via e-mail".

The junior high school student headed to her e-mail. In bold she saw a notice from the admins. "They're aware of the problem?"

Clicking on the e-mail caused her cheeks to flare up. "We're sorry to say that your account has been terminated due to infringing the rules involving copyrighted materials."

She returned to her social networking account. "the admins deleted me account!"

"That's because your stories broke the rules. Someone reported you for plagiarism. Stop stealing other people's work."

Rachel's cheeks heated up again, and she turned to look at the door where she had left her sister standing outside. She stood up and headed to the door, and unlocked it. "You tattle tale! You reported me to the site admins despite the fact I did nothing wrong! You're such a..."

Elizabeth interrupted before the explicative could escape her sisters list. "What do you mean?"

"My account is gone! You reported me!"

"I didn't report you." The older sister walked over to the desk. Elizabeth frowned before logging out of her sisters account, and entering her own. She replied to the person who left the comment. "What do you mean my sister plagiarized anything? She didn't steal anything! All of that work is her own!"