Cheap whiskey and smoke (Roisa)

Thank you Almab6 for being the first to make a suggestion. I hope you enjoy it! (There will be another part).

(The song above gave me villainous vibes that I thought suited this story, feel free to mention any songs you feel fits the story or characters!).

***

The ice clinked together as Rose tilted the glass to her lips. Throat burning as she held back a grimace. You never could get a good drink round this part of town.

She really shouldn't be drinking. Not on the job. And certainly not with the amount of customers and contacts that relied on her. But this wasn't for pleasure, she quickly chided herself. It was rather cruel really, but necessary. It was the only dirt they could find on their new client. One dark smear on her otherwise spotless record. Rose swirled the foul liquid, lost in thought as she recounted all the information on her. Apparently, the woman's father had passed, leaving her the honour of running the family business. Some business indeed, the best firearms money could buy. During the expansion period of the business she had gone off the rails, alcohol seemed to be the womans only weakness. Something she had struggled with in her teens, if her youth criminal records were anything to go by. Hence, the simple manipulation and power tactic she had set up. Rose had to show her who she was dealing with and that nothing remained a secret. 

The drug lord couldn't help but smirk at the codename, printed neatly near the bottom of the contract. 

 'Little Fox'.

Straightening her spine against the wooden chair, she closed her eyes as she inhaled through her nose. She desperately wanted to scream at the ridiculousness of her situation. A few run ins with the police had forced her to take up a new partner. She was so used to being a lone wolf, relying on nobody but herself. Yet, it was nice having someone to help out every now and again. Took the stress off of her for once.

 Even if that someone would be an inexperienced drunkard. 

Her ears perked at the sound of heels hammering against the linoleum floor. 

The door slammed open. Cold air circling the room as the woman caught her breath, expression furious. There was her client. Hair tumbling from a hastily thrown together ponytail, face beet red and glistening with perspiration. 

She wasn't what Rose had expected.

A briefcase was presented, the leather slapping against the table top. 

"Sin Rostro, I assume." 

Sourness crept into her voice as she spat out her reply. 

"So you're the owner of Solano Manufacturer's?" 

"Yup"

She popped the 'p' at the end, like a child would. Rose tried not to let any emotions seep onto her face as she bristled. How unprofessional... 

The clasps were snapped open, revealing three different models. Light glinted off the cool metal as Rose examined each one. The serial numbers were expertly sanded of and branded with an intricate emblem. The Little Fox watched her carefully, eyes dull as she spoke about each one in detail. But facts were not what Rose was looking for. 

"Only three?"

The brunettes shoulder's tensed, tongue clicking in annoyance. 

"The rest are being transported." 

"I see." 

Blue eyes trailed over the woman. She was obviously making the Little Fox nervous. The woman's leg bounced constantly, head slightly moving as her eyes flitted around the room. It was honestly rather unnerving, not to mention irritating. She sipped tantalisingly, studying her intensely as the woman glared at the glass. Her fingers itched as she slipped her hand into her pocket. Quickly finding her sobriety chip she grasped at it before promptly standing up.