𝐢𝐳𝐮𝐤𝐮 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫🌧️

WARNING: This is NOT going to be an x character fic. This is going to be the reader watching Izuku fall in love with someone else. also, TRIGGER WARNING. In this, Y/N Dies during a fight with the league of villains

Y/N's POV
There he is again. The boy who somehow managed to steal my heart with one look. The boy who managed to make me obsess over him, making me draw green hearts in the corners of my class notes and making me buy the same pair of red Converse he has.

That boy is Izuku Midorya.

He passes me in the hall every day. I just stand there, watching him talk to Ochako, his best friend. I chew my bubblegum and pop it as soon as he stops talking, hoping to catch his attention. It never works.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today, Izuku and Ochako went to a coffee shop together. I go there daily to do a small watercolor painting or write in my journal. They start laughing and getting kind of close, so I decide to leave, trying to keep my composure. I gather my things and walk out, beginning to walk home. I try not to cry. My brain keeps considering over and over that they might be dating-

"Hey, Y/N!" Izuku shouts, running up to me, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Oh, Hi, Izuku." I say, continuing to walk, and wiping away the small tear that fell down my cheek. It is really cold out today. Izuku starts talking to me about his day, so i reach down to grab my jacket that is normally tied around my waist. It isn't there. I sigh and wrap my arms around myself, trying to heat up.

Izuku hands me his jacket. "Here, Y/N. You seem cold." He says with that dorky smile he constantly has on his face. I smile softly and put the jacket on. 

Soon after, i get home and begin to take off the jacket, but Izuku shakes his head. "No, you can keep it! I have plenty more at home" He says. 

"Are you sure?" I ask. I really want to just take it and hug it close, but I don't want him to give me his things, especially things Inko, his mother, got for him.

He laughs softly and nods, a pale pink flush coating his cheeks. "Yeah! You look great in it, anyways." He says, hugging me goodbye then waving and walking off. I wave back until I can no longer see him. I sit down on my couch and wrap my arms around myself in an attempt to keep the jacket as close to myself as I can. I lay my head down and put my headphones in, listening to Izuku's spotify playlist, falling asleep there soon after.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sit at the table behind Izuku and Ochako, eating my food alone as usual. I don't mind eating alone at all, it's just upsetting when Izuku and Ochako are sitting, talking to each other. Izuku used to sit by me. We used to laugh together like that. We used to talk like that. It just hurts.

He is growing away from me. I miss the days when I could talk to him constantly, texting him until 3 AM. I miss being able to have him ask me to draw him, posing in silly ways so I could have a good reference. I just wish he would vent to me again. I miss being able to see his smile when I know he had a bad day, so I would make him a cup of chamomile hibiscus tea and bring him a dark chocolate bar. I would sit there, playing with his hair while he sipped it.

Now its Ochako who draws him. Now its Ochako who he vents to. Now Ochako comforts him. At least she doesn't use chamomile hibiscus.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I watched as they held hands for the first time. I thought it was a way to show friendship at first. They are clearly really close.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I watched them kiss today. And with that kiss, my hope vanished. I became sadder and sadder by the day, watching them grow close as I fell away from them. It's like watching a bridge collapse in front of you when you almost got to your goal.

It devastated me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I miss Izuku's phone calls. I leave him on delivered, not even wanting to read the texts. I sit alone in my room, drinking the same tea that he used to love. I sit in the jacket he gave me so long ago, that is now starting to fall apart at the seams after the amount of time I've used it for. But I will continue to wear it until I no longer can.

I gave him my everything. He gave me nothing in return.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I lay on the ground, eyes unblinking, head wounded, cold and lifeless. My hands no longer can move to feel the jacket. My mouth can no longer taste the sweetness of that tea that Izuku loved.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/N's Phone

11 missed calls from: Izu💚

                                                                      Izu💚
1 month ago
Izu💚: Hey Y/N? Its been a while, are you ok?
1 month ago
Izu💚: You aren't answering any of my texts, Y/N
3 weeks ago
Izu💚: Y/N I'm getting worried about you
3 weeks ago
Izu💚: Please answer me
3 weeks ago
Izu💚: Did i do something?
2 weeks ago
Izu💚: Please pick up
2 weeks ago
Izu💚: I miss your smile
2 weeks ago
Izu💚: I miss your tea
1 week ago
Izu💚: I miss your drawings
1 week ago
Izu💚: I miss you
delivered