Chapter 29

Lisa's POV

Have you ever experienced any jumpscare in your life?

May it be something like a ghost popping in front of you as soon as you opened the door, or maybe just as simple as watching a horror movie.

One that will surely give you something worst than a heart attack.

Or maybe even pee your pants.

I did– not with the peeing in my pants, well almost. But I am talking about the jumpscare here.

And I swear, I was petrified.

Though, mine was more of someone 'jumping' and me being 'scared' as soon as I opened the door to our own room inside the packhouse.

Literally.

So it was more of a 'jumpingscared' instead of a jumpscare....

Anyway,

Those seconds of my life are the scariest of all– well, one of the scariest, besides those times where the pack was attacked or that time where Jennie came home at dawn with a battered body.

It was frightening.

To see something very unexpected.

"Jennie! You don't have to do this, please" I begged desperately as I very carefully neared her figure.

She was by the window– I mean AT the window. Sitting at the edge with her legs dangling outside. She was gazing up, the sunlight highlighting the beauty of her bare face. Her free hand, nonchalantly fidgeting with the blade of her dagger as if it is her favorite toy.

She was just there, calmly and dauntlessly chilling as if she isn't staying on the 5th floor of the house.

I REPEAT, THE FIFTH FLOOR.

One wrong move and her body would be kissing the ground in no time. Or maybe she really is planning to jump.

No! I can't let that happen.

"Nini please" I stood behind her and gently places a hand on her shoulder. "Don't do this to yourself... you still have me and Ella. We'll always be here for you so please don't—"

I swallowed the forming lump on my throat as I fight back the tears that are threatening to fall.

"Please...." I shut my eyes tight and let the salty tear fall as I broke into a small cry, weeping as I just kept my grasp on her shoulder. Scared that she might jump any moment.

But then, I felt her shoulder shook up and down against my palm. A melodic sound coming out of her mouth that makes my heart flatter every time.

She's giggling....

A thing she barely does– and yet she's giggling when she's about to jump to out of a window?!

"I'm not committing suicide, silly" She faces me this time and giggles again, showing how bright and blooming she looks today.