Chapter 22

Lisa's POV

"Ch-chaeyoung?!"

"Lalisa?!"

Oh god, I never felt so relieved in my whole life.

To see at least one pack member is enough. But to see my best friend/soon-to-be beta is more than enough.

It is a small world indeed.

"Is that really you?!" We ask in unison, totally surprised by each other's unexpected presence.

We excitedly run towards each other, letting our bodies collide halfway as we envelop each other in a hug while jumping in utter joy.

"Your alive!" We exclaimed in unison once again, making us chuckle.

Even after years of being separated, neither of us changed nor our sisterly/friendly bond. It looked like, we never got separated in the first place; no bits of awkwardness.

Still the crazy duo.

But older and hotter, if you know what I mean.

"Thank goddess, your alive" She pulls away dramatically. "My ass is finally saved from leading the whole pack"

Yup, she's still dramatic as ever.

Chaeyoung leans her body against mine and places one hand over her forehead, pretending to faint. "You don't know how hard it is for a beta to lead a pack without its alpha"

Now she's being overly dramatic.

But I could care less. What's important is that...

"The pack is alive?" My hands flew to my mouth as an incredulous gasp rolls out of my tongue.

"And your mother too" she added.

"The pack is alive! A-and my mother too!" I chortled this time as happy tears cascade freely down my cheeks.

Out of pure joy, I pulled her for another hug, my arms wrapped around her nape, squeezing her tightly as I continue to cry on her shoulders.

She didn't complain though, instead, she just pats my back.

Or maybe not.

"C-can't b-breath" Her pats became hits as she struggles her way out of my grip.

As she got away, she composes herself immediately before clearing her throat. "Will you go back home with me then?"

I froze like a rock as a daunting realization hits me all of a sudden.

"I can't Chaeng!" I grab her face in panic, giving her a look in the eye before nervously pacing back and forth and around the room as I envision certain things.

"If I come back, I'll be alpha. And if I become alpha then who knows what will happen to the pack!"

"I'm sure you'll b–"

I gasp in terror. "I might be the cause of its downfall! No no no, this isn't right. I never learned things that an alpha should. I'm dumb! I've been trapped inside a cage half of my life" I pulled my hair in frustration as I foresee my visions coming true.

"But y–"

"And goddess knows if the pack members will still like me, I wasn't even there to protect them when they needed me. They'll hate me, or worse, kick me out of my own pack!" I clawed my chest as my lungs forgot how to breathe properly.

It felt like drowning- drowning in the sea of what-ifs.

"Lalisa Manoban!" Chaeyoungs shouts that seem to snap me out of my trance. She grabs a hold of my shoulders and shook me with all her might.