Part 1

"Tadaima..."

"Ryo-chan! Okaeri," Ryosuke's mother warmly greets him from the living room. "How's your day?"

"Busy, as always. But seeing my mum's pretty face takes all my fatigue away!" Ryosuke runs towards his mother and hugs her like a spoiled child.

"You know, nobody wants to be your girlfriend if you keep being clingy to me like this."

"I don't need girlfriend. I have you mum."

"You and your cheesy words," she playfully pinches her son's cheek. "Oh no... you're getting thinner each day! Aren't you eating at all in the hospital?"

"I'm a doctor mum, you know how crazy my work can be sometimes."

"My poor baby... I've warmed the food for you. Make sure to eat a lot okay?"

"Hait..." Ryosuke smiles. He gives his mother one tight hug before making his way to the kitchen The smell of curry gets stronger as he gets closer. Ryosuke excitedly picks up a plate to get his favourite curry. No mater how tiring his day was, coming home to his mother's homecooked meals feels so rewarding.

But the man suddenly stop.

A tray of untouched food on the dining table catches his attention.

"Mum..." Ryosuke returns to the living room. "I saw the tray...did somebody fell sick?"

"Ah... I prepared that for Kei."

"What's wrong with Kei nee-chan?"

His mother's facial expression turns gloomy. "She hasn't come out from her room since she came back from dress fitting today."

Ryosuke frowns. It is odd for a bride to be to behave this way, especially knowing how happy his sister is since Takaki proposed to her few months ago. The wedding- which will take place a week from now- is something Kei look forward to.

"Did something happen?" Ryosuke steps closer to his mother.

"I don't know. She looked normal when Takaki-kun was around just now. But when he left, Kei went straight to her room. She even left her wedding dress here."

Only then Ryosuke notices a beautiful white dress hanging at one corner of the living room.

This is strange. What's wrong with nee-chan?

---------------------

"Nee-chan, it's me," Ryosuke knocks on his sister's door. "May I come in?"

A click is heard, and the door slowly opens. He could hear footsteps moving away from him.

Ryosuke enters the room. Kei is sitting at the edge of the bed, staring at the floor with her face hidden under her purple hoodie. He sits on the floor, directly facing his beautiful sister.

"Is everything all right, nee-chan?"

Kei remains silent. Her fingers however appear fidgety- she keeps rubbing her clothes over and over again. Ryosuke knows something is not right. He moves slightly forward and gently holds Kei's right hand. The girl's hand is cold and clammy.

"Nee-chan, did something happen between you and Takaki-san?"

Kei shook her head, causing her hoodie to fall off. Ryosuke is shocked to see his sister's swollen eyes. Her gaze is filled with sorrow. It breaks Ryosuke's heart to see his cheerful sister looking this miserable.

"Doushita no?" he asks again.

"Ryo-chan..." Kei finally speaks.

"Em?"