Part 2

Kei leans against Yabu's back

Kei leans against Yabu's back. Sunday is her favourite day- as she could spend the whole day with her favourite person. She closes her eyes as she listens to her boyfriend's angelic voice.

The man is rehearsing for his upcoming audition. Yabu sings to multiple songs, and they are all beautiful.

But this new song Yabu composed himself is Kei's favourite.

"I like this song,"

Yabu stops strumming his guitar. "Which one do you think would be best for the audition? This one, or the song that I sang yesterday?"

"This one," says Kei. She slowly scoots over to Yabu's right side. "The melody and lyrics are both melancholy, in a beautiful way. And it highlights the best part of your vocal. I love it."

Yabu smiles. No one has ever appreciated his composition as much as Kei does. She is his backbone- the only person who believes that his ambition to become a debuted singer and composer will become true.

"Maybe I should sing a more familiar song, you know, the one in trend to get their attention."

Kei shook her head. She caresses Yabu's hair lovingly. "This song is perfect. You'll succeed for sure."

"Thank you Kei, for having faith in me."

The pretty lady smiles.

"I love you Kota. You'll definitely succeed. I know you will."

Yabu throws a long breath out. 2 years have passed, but for him it feels like yesterday. He was standing in front of Japan's number one producers, ready to show them his talent. That was his last chance to achieve his dreams of becoming a recording artist. He will make up to all the sacrifice Kei did for him. He swore to make his beloved girlfriend proud.

Unfortunately, the unexpected happened.

It is still fresh in his mind the panic he felt when he knew that Kei was brought to the hospital. Yabu dropped his audition, rushing to the hospital with all his might. At that time, he realized that nothing else matter- neither his ambition nor his dream. All he prayed for was for Kei to be safe. He would never forgive himself if anything happened to her.

"Kei!!"

Yabu shouts his lover's name as he runs through the busy emergency department's waiting room. He keeps looking around, touching every woman with long black hair trying to find out if Kei is among them. But no, she is not in the crowd.

The man keeps going farther. His heart can't settle. Yabu needs to know that Kei is fine. Kei's pale face wishing him good luck for his audition this morning lingers in his mind. He should not have ignored her. He should have insisted to take her to the hospital even when she refused.